Big green egg accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big green egg accessories

What are must have, and not needed? I just bought a very gently used XL. I'm ready to burn some charcoal and wood.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have the XL. I have the cart with flip up trays, their cover, pizza stone, and the clay turkey tray thing that you set inside and diverts the heat to the edges.

Love the Egg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good remote thermometer.

Comment

The looflighter is pretty nice to have to fire up the lump charcoal. The flip up side trays are a must. I bought a grate grip tool off of amazon for like 7 bucks which is nice to have when taking the grate on and off. I also put on the gasket kit to give the egg a good seal. Pizza stone if you are going to cook pizzas.

Comment

Cast iron grate and bbq genius. Both are game changers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Primo and it's the same concept. I like the porcelain racks myself. Looflighter is a good addition, a good cleaning tool for ashes if he didn't have one. I used an electric loop style lighter and it's ok but a pain to deal with when you pull it out since it's glowing hot.

Deflector plate is a must have, good thermometer, a BBQ guru is a good addition if you're doing a lot of low and slow cooking. Extender racks increase capacity, I like mine.

Stay away from Cowboy Brand lump, every bag seems to have some trash in it and it pops a lot. I like the Royal Oak Lump in the red bag, it's consistent. I'd stay away from the mesquites until you get it dialed in, it burns pretty hot.

No lighter fluid or briquettes!!!

Comment

Buy a mini blow torch it makes starting that sucka easy!

Comment

I bought a BGE xl about 6-8 weeks ago.. since I was buying new they offered a accessory package for $200 that would cost $500 if I bought all separately.. the heat deflector I would say is a must.. the ash tool isn’t a must but is nice.. I didn’t think I would like the little square things to light the coal but it works awesome.. they came and “set it up” but a couple days later I realized they never had brought or installed the nest handler.. I ended up going back there and got it but never did put it on.. I guess it could help but the nest it’s self seemed very sturdy and no issues rolling it around, I will probably install it anyways.. I would like to get an auto temp controll for low and slow but haven’t decided to spend the money yet.. the little tables on the side seem nice but for the money I’ll make it without them..

Comment

Cast Iron grate
                  Stainless steel rod grate for the charcoal
                  Rib/Roast rack
                  Stainless vented chimney

As far as lighting the BGE, I used to use a charcoal chimney from Academy. The one you pour the charcoal in the top and place newspaper in the bottom... There's no need for that as the BGE (and all other ceramic smokers) are a "chimney" in itself. Load your BGE with charcoal, slide open the air intake and insert newspaper where the ashes collect. Light the newspaper and your coals will be lit in no time.

Comment

Working...
                  X