Hitch Deer Hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitch Deer Hoist

I am building a deer hoist for my truck tomorrow. I have made/drawn plans, but wanted to ask if anyone has a suggestion for the length of the arm at the top. Any advice? Thanks!

No suggestions, but better to be too tall than too short. I had to have a spacer/extender fabricated for the one I use. And, make the upright shaft a 2-piece run, that swivels--

Comment

Yes make it so it swivels.Makes loading and unloading much easier.My top arm is 2 1/2 ft long heavy wall 2 in square tubing.My hoist also doubles as a Lawn mower lift and Generator lift.

Comment

I 45ed the upper half, without getting my build plans I went 36" or so vertical the 30" off at 45 degrees. Supported it with a piece of tubing below.

Also at the bottom instead of straight out and 90 up I did three pieces and two 45 to give extra clearance out back.

Comment

The top piece/arm is 30". The lower one is 28"( this is the one that slides into the reciever). You can play with the vetical dementions to fit your needs. Make sure you use heavy enough steel. If you want to see the ones I build you can see them at BH Outdoors on facebook. Good luck.

B Holt
          BH Outdoors

Comment

Several threads if you do a search.

Comment

Ha I made more of a crane than a hoist when I but mine. Found myself at the lease by myself setting up stuff so often decided to build a helping hand. Figured it'll lift 700 pounds at least. Pics coming.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344910132.203575.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	24104378 here's me lifting my blind. I backed up the truck over the blind then picked up blind and then drove it up. Worked like a dream. I would rather of had two trucks but didn't have the option. I'll take measurements if you like.

Comment

I put a stiff leg under it. It unscrews to the ground and gives extra support.

I'm adding lights one of these days.

Comment

I didn't make mine but for $99 at Bucees they have one from Foreverlast that I've used for years. Its 8ft tall thats a 2-piece breakdown, swivels, includes winch and hook. Too cheap to pass on and my wallet is tighter than a frog's butt.

Comment

Sorry for bumping... have a few pics that I want to share.
                      I thought maybe I would post some photos of my hoist. I built it from mostly free materials. I intended to be able to host a rather large game, as well as to be able to swing smaller loads into the bed of a truck.

It can lift 9' high and more...

I don't have a ton of confidence in the cheap little Princess Auto winch http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-deer-hoist/ worth $ 20. But I can probably strengthen the problem areas when the need arises or to buy better.

One thing I’ll probably do is add some another hook for double-leveling it at the far end. Thus, for the greater game, I do not lose half of my reach and do not interfere in the work.

Comment

This is the one I built I don’t have measurements right now, but let me know if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          This is the one I built I don’t have measurements right now, but let me know if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Closely following this thread, not for a hitch model, but need to have one built that will clamp to an upright metal pole, yet swivel when mounted. Any specs/measurements that work well will be noted and appreciated.

Comment

My build: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=hoist

Comment

Working...
                            X