Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Landowner hunt is land if he leases hunting rights out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a Landowner hunt is land if he leases hunting rights out?

If a landowner leases hunting rights and does not put any wording in about himself, his family or friends hunting can he hunt or can he convey rights to his friends and family? Is it implied that he cannot or is there a law protecting the lessees?

I have not seen any wording in previous lease contracts I had and never had an issue. We are looking at a lease and the landowner has never allowed hunting so he is new to the contract piece. We are OK with him and his immediate family harvesting a few doe but want to protect our investment in the lease at the same time. Do you all put wording in about the landowner not conveying rights outside the written lease?

Do you all have some sample lease agreements you would be willing to share?

Depends on lease agreement... Ours always had a family hunting rights clause... That said we never deer hunted the leased places only dove and yotes

Comment

Depends on the language in the agreement. Get a template off the internet and red line it or add to it as you see fit.

Comment

What does the lease say?

Comment

Whatever the contract says, goes. If there’s no clause stating LO family and friends may hunt for free at his discretion, I’d hold him to that or ask for $ back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This might help you.

Comment

M16 this is great! Thanks.

I will share this with the Landowner as well. We are lucky enough to be on a good piece of property and the landowner is a little hesitant to lease so this will really help.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

Never knew that existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  The moderators should post this as a sticky!!!! How many rants do you hear about a landowner showing up and tossing everyone because one of the lease members was drinking a beer or shot his favorite bunny???

Comment

Judon Fambrough has a number of helpful articles that I have read over the years on a variety of topics real estate related. The link above is a good one.

Comment

I would keep it as simple as possible so you don't scare the land owner.
                      I have a simple lease form I can email you. Just PM me your email.

Comment

I mean... it is HIS land.

Comment

My land. I hunt. you dont like. I hunt next year you dont.

Comment

My land.... if so stated in the agreement.... which it is in mine....

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                              Depends on the language in the agreement. Get a template off the internet and red line it or add to it as you see fit.
                              Not really, you can make the language say whatever you want and it doesn’t matter! He is the land owner, take him to court and find out! When you loose you will pay his Atty fees as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X