No announcement yet.

Leaving a Lease is Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean. I've been on 4 or 5 leases with Burnadell. He made a lasting impression on me and taught me a lot............................................... .....Sorry, it's still hard to talk about. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
      I will be alone...
      Where is the place at? We’ve owned our place between brackettville and del rio for the last 22 years and are out there about every other weekend in the off season and every weekend from October to february.

Being from brackett you might know the rancher we bought the place from?

I don’t know anything about the deer on your lease if they are native or introduced. I know of a place in the area that was similar in size that was high fenced as well that brought in deer, last year found CWD and were ordered by TPWD to eradicate every single deer on the place. This was after they killed numerous bucks over 200” in the past and basically had to watch all the money they invested go down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
        That stinks... so I guess the landowner decided to go forward?
        He's working on that plus I see another possible impasse on the horizon..$$$$..
        It can reach a point to where its just hard to justify.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Sounds like 1 heck of a deal... Good luck..

I hate to think about leaving my lease after 20 years but I feel the "wind of change" a coming...
          It will be a sad day..
          I was on the same lease since about 06' so I feel your pain. Just got off this year, and I think about it every single day. Sounds stupid over a deer lease, but it sucks and it's not going away I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            I was on the same lease since about 06' so I feel your pain. Just got off this year, and I think about it every single day. Sounds stupid over a deer lease, but it sucks and it's not going away I'm afraid.
            Oh I wont be without one for long if it ever does happen...
            Good luck finding another good one.

Comment

I was faced with a very tough decision to leave my lease after last year. There were so many factors that made it so hard. The hardest was leaving my friends. In a perfect world, we'd all have left, but timing, etc made it difficult to pull that off. From a hunting perspective, I had already had my foot out the door before season started as I felt like a lobster in a pot that just kept getting warmer and warmer. So now I am on a smaller/closer place that is currently all to myself and my family. We've put a lot of effort into getting this raw piece of property up and running with deer camp, etc... But, even before season starts, I am already miss my buddies and the campfires that I'll miss out on. But on the flip side, my family will get to enjoy it more... and that is one of the things that trumped all the other pros/cons.

Comment

Jealous.

Comment

Boom goes the dynamite

Comment

Sounds like a great place and opportunity. I'll be patiently waiting for the sign up sheet for axis hunts.

Comment

Guess nobody interested in your old spot?

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post

Already filled.....

Comment

Have FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                            Filled before I got off. I didn’t wanna make the manager have to find someone.

Comment

New boot tracks on new to you dirt. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Already filled.....
                                How much did you have to pay the new guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X