Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
    What did you start out at? My doctors arent to worried about me being at 166, which looks to be extremely low especially at 27.
    250 something. He told me I had the numbers of a 70 year old man and I felt 70.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you start out at? My doctors arent to worried about me being at 166, which looks to be extremely low especially at 27.

That’s super low for a 27 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I started at 125 when I was 35-36. 166 is VERY low.

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
        250 something. He told me I had the numbers of a 70 year old man and I felt 70.

Yup, that's how I was.

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post

Agree

Comment

That's what I think, but they are acting like it's not a big deal. Well when you feel fatigued 24/7 you want to get something done. But I'm going on 2 months after my 1st test and want to wait til a 2nd test before doing anything.

Did most guys get put on something after 1 test or did you have to do a couple before being put on test?

Comment

My primary care doc did a test and it was very low (125) he put me on the gel that you rub on your shoulders. After a month we did another test and my levels were the same. Then he sent me to a urologist and they did a test and started my therapy.

Comment

Testosterone Therapy

That's what I think, but they are acting like it's not a big deal. Well when you feel fatigued 24/7 you want to get something done. But I'm going on 2 months after my 1st test and want to wait til a 2nd test before doing anything.

Did most guys get put on something after 1 test or did you have to do a couple before being put on test?

Yes. You need a new dr. Where you located?

Comment

Yes. You need a new dr. Where you located?

I am in the Tyler, Tx area. Ya it has really been the PA. Absolutely getting nowhere and now wants to wait another 2 weeks to test again.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  I don't know if it has been mentioned, but GIVE BLOOD while you are on TRT.
                  Good reminder. When I started my injections my rbc ratios were a bit off, so every 8 weeks, I need to donate.

Comment

I talked about it with my physician of over 20+years today. He said a fraction of the people taking it actually need it. He said we can do the test but went through the stats with me of how many that thought they needed it and ended up not needing it. He said it will also cap out your self made testosterone and make your nuts small. He also stated that if going to a low t center you better believe your getting it whether or not you need it. On the other hand I work with two guys that take the shot and they swear by it. Then again on the other hand I am going to make fun of them for having a tiny nuts tomorrow hahaha no offense to anyone of course. My personal experience asking a true physician that I trust with my life. Thought I’d share what I was told coming across this as I have found myself more sluggish these days and was curious. He pretty much said quit being lazy and work out lol once your back at it you’ll be better etc

Comment

I am in the Tyler, Tx area. Ya it has really been the PA. Absolutely getting nowhere and now wants to wait another 2 weeks to test again.

My doctor did 2 tests for insurance purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                        I talked about it with my physician of over 20+years today. He said a fraction of the people taking it actually need it. He said we can do the test but went through the stats with me of how many that thought they needed it and ended up not needing it. He said it will also cap out your self made testosterone and make your nuts small. He also stated that if going to a low t center you better believe your getting it whether or not you need it. On the other hand I work with two guys that take the shot and they swear by it. Then again on the other hand I am going to make fun of them for having a tiny nuts tomorrow hahaha no offense to anyone of course. My personal experience asking a true physician that I trust with my life. Thought I’d share what I was told coming across this as I have found myself more sluggish these days and was curious. He pretty much said quit being lazy and work out lol once your back at it you’ll be better etc
                        Shrinking nuts is not such a bad thing for guys over 35ish especially in this heat. I cry every time I jump in the truck too fast and slide one under my leg.

Comment

Go to Lifetime Health Center on the Loop. I’m on week 4 of injections and it’s life changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am 27 and just got tested, I ended up being 166. Dr. didn't seem to worried lol, but supposed to be over 400 he said. But the levels vary so much, he wants to do another test in August before putting me on anything. He said, other tests will have to be done. Because a lot of times when put on Test, your body will stop producing and have to continue the process for life. Another Dr. suggested using zinc pills and that has had some success.

This may have been said, but did not read through it all.
                            Every Dr is going to be different about it. A lot of primary care don't think it's needed and honestly i don't think they are as informed as a true urologist. My urologist doesn't look at the number alone but a combo of the number and the patients lifestyle and how they feel. I was originally at 220 and felt like crap, had already gotten on a cpap ttying to fix my fatigue and he put me on shots immediately without question. Now my numbers have topped 1200 and we've lowered the dosage. Life is incredible now. I'll always recommend a urologist over a primary or a test center

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post

I could afford to loose some size in them......lol....dont use them now if it went the other way and lost in's I may rethink.........

What my doctor said as well, once testerone from the outside is started. Alot of times your body will stop producing or wont ever kick back in. Meaning you will have to have Test the rest of your life. Wondering what his thought or numbers he considers people not needing vs needing?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                Go to Lifetime Health Center on the Loop. I’m on week 4 of injections and it’s life changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I just called, but they do not accept insurance. Are the visits expensive as well as the shots?

Comment

Working...
                                X