No announcement yet.

That “Smell “

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try not to wax poetic, but all kinds of smells take me back to child hood memory, sopme fun times and some bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      The smell of cow manure reminds me of Lyme disease

The smell of soured corn and wood smoke reminds me of my paternal grandpa. My maternal grandpa owned a gas station and shop, I worked there before I enlisted. The smell of fresh gasoline or new tires remind of the days. I remember when premium gasoline went up to .69 cents a gallon and a lady pulled up to the pump, she asked me how much premium was and I told her .69 cents and she said she would NEVER pay that much for gas and drove off.
      Last edited by Radar; 03-31-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post

It's very rare that this happens, mostly because I'm not around too many smokers and those I am around don't smoke Lark...but let me catch a whif of a Lark cigarette, it has a distinctive smell me, and I'm automatically in a 14' jon boat on the Trinity River with my grandpa.
        My dad dipped Skoal or smoked unfiltered Camels, and the smell of a zippo lighter and a fresh lit cigarette does the same.

Comment

The smell of 2-stroke outboard is oddly comforting. Always takes me back to fishing the River/Bays with my dad and brother.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyMutt View Post
            The smell of 2-stroke outboard is oddly comforting. Always takes me back to fishing the River/Bays with my dad and brother.
            Cant beat it. Love that smell. Used to love the smell of the marinas in hackberry as a kid too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              The smell of cow manure reminds me of Lyme disease
              Chew for todays winner at internet.

Comment

The smell of a dirt bike takes me back to when I was a kid and my dad would be working on the several that we owned. Love that smell.

Skinny

Comment

When I was a kid, I loved to ride my bike up to feed store in Burkburnett to see what critters they had. If I had money and could figure out how to get it home, I bought it. Chicks, ducks, a turkey. Maybe some rabbits and seems like once it was quail.

Every time I go into a real feed store and encounter that mix of smells, I have the vivid recollection and anticipation of what critter I'm about to find and take home.

Comment

Had a grand father who chewed the red man that came in the old green pouch. The smell of fresh red man always takes me back

Comment

Strange how many people mention 2-stroke outboards, especially with them fading out. I just picked up a Johnson 25 2-stroke, so my 6 month old son will get to grow up experiencing it.

I’ve actually been trying to figure out if running race gas in it will hurt anything, because that’s one of my favorite smells.

Comment

My dad would come home from work and I could not wait to jump in his lap and smell his clothes. I loved the machine shop smell. Now I've been in the shop long enough that I don't notice it on my clothes, but my granddaughter gets in my lap when I get home for the very same reason.

Comment

The smell of freshly shredded weeds reminds me of going to a rodeo. Those little country arenas always had to have the parking lot shredded before the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            My dad would come home from work and I could not wait to jump in his lap and smell his clothes. I loved the machine shop smell. Now I've been in the shop long enough that I don't notice it on my clothes, but my granddaughter gets in my lap when I get home for the very same reason.
                            Thats cool.

Comment

I am not a cowboy nor did I grow up with horse hair in my bellybutton, but I love the smell of a horse.

Comment

The smell of Red Man chewing tobacco, I can't smell it and not think of my papa and a thousand childhood memories involving him.

Comment

Working...
                                X