No announcement yet.

Mind Blown!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated a field tip would have killed this deer. I shot a doe many, many years ago when Grim Reapers were still new to the market. Drilled her broad side at 25 yards. She made it less than 40 yards before piling up within sight. Upon inspection of the entry and exit hole it looked like I had shot her with a field tip. Just a 30cal. sized hole through and through. At first I assumed that the blades failed to open but when I recovered the arrow I noticed there were no blades. I did recover a blade where it had impacted as well as half if the collar that held them in place. I determined that the broadheads failure was more then likely due to operator error but it happened.

Personally, I think deer are just starting to evolve. They are just more resilient to being shot. We're just going to have to start using 10in cut broadheads or guillotines that lop their heads off like turkeys. RPGs are always another option...

Seriously, sometimes shot are just hard to explain.

Comment

Man, that shot is typically a 100% recovery. Wow. The only thing I can say is if the blades were dull, the wound would have coagulated quicker due to trauma, instead of a sharp blade wound which coagulates much slower if at all.

Comment

Touch high and forward just missing all the good stuff...or he was shooting a practice tip by accident?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
          So this buck was arrowed in November 23. On December 2 he shows up on camera. See passthrough wound. How is he still amount the living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Never seen anything like that! Maybe a touch forward is all I can come up with but the entry and exits are pretty dang lethal in my book. Crazy! Hope yall can get him down!

Comment

Just about any species with lungs can survive with more than half of their lungs inoperable. My guess is dull blades rolled blood vessels out of the way and lung damage was limited to 1-2 maaaaaybe 3 lobes.

Comment

Maybe he has some Wolverine or Deapool like powers. can just heal himself instantly lol

Comment

That is some kind of crazy. Poor kiddo has probably been losing his mind. At least this should give him some peace of mind to sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Only thing I got is that he may have had his head down feeding when shot. When he heard the shot, his head may have gone almost between his two front legs while dipping to push off. This would have pushed his vitals way back, allowing the arrow to still go through both shoulders, but in front of the good stuff. Just a theory.
                  This is my thought as well. If he really loaded up to run/jump his shoulders (which float with respect to the rib cage) may have been much higher and further forward than the vitals

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                    This is my thought as well. If he really loaded up to run/jump his shoulders (which float with respect to the rib cage) may have been much higher and further forward than the vitals
                    I think this is possible. Check out these deer jumping the string. Look how far forward the shoulders go when the second deer drops. Good theory.
                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_B9yrgee5o"]Deer Jumping The String- Bow Hunting - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Dull head

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          That looks high and forward to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                          I wanted to say this but was afraid I'd be crucified by the masses. I think the vitals were just missed. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                            +1

Comment

Too far forward and high.....but I'm sure that was said already.

Comment

So much for the "deadly V"..lol

Comment

Working...
                                X