Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Nice turkey retriever..
    Me and that old dog spent many weekends camping during deer and turkey season, just me and him. I hadda put him down about 3 weeks ago at 13 1/2

Comment

Back in college, a buddy and I borrowed my brother’s 1979 Toyota pickup with bed shell to camp in the woods of Red River County. We threw a twin mattress in the bed.
      We didn’t anticipate a 6” snow during the night – our only heat was a roll of toilet paper in alcohol in a coffee can.
      A family friend (career National Guardsman) and his son unexpectedly showed up the next morning. Scared the bejeebers out of us to see two people dressed in military gear crunching through the snow towards our snow-bound cramped quarters carrying rifles. We thought the Ruskies had invaded!

Comment

Gooseneck horse trailer in Colorado and on a lease at Leakey. I think Dad still has the wood stove for it. Many old houses and plywood shacks over the years along with tents, trucks and campers. It wasn't always fun back then, but looking back it wasn't all that bad and wish I could have another night in camp with some of those hunters.

Comment

Back of my old pickup with tarp stretched over the light bar and CB antennae bent over.

Tent screwed to a trailer deck.

Old tack room.

Horse trailer in New Mexico.

The ground.

Ice cream truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            Just sleep in dis comfy canvas now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
            My 10x10 Kodiak tent is being delivered today I can't wait. How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
              Love it. Easiest tent to put up. I purposely went campin ahead of a line of thunder storms to test it out. High winds and driving rain, no problem

Comment

Glad to hear it. Even more excited now. Thanks for the response.
                Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                Love it. Easiest tent to put up. I purposely went campin ahead of a line of thunder storms to test it out. High winds and driving rain, no problem

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Texoma fishing all day, guide offered his camper to sleep in. 70's model pick bed camper with windows busted out and the broken glass on the bed where I was supposed to sleep. The blankets I think were from the 70's too. I decided to sleep in the truck with the motor running all night. Woke up really stiff the next morning and on E.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Back of my old pickup with tarp stretched over the light bar and CB antennae bent over.

Tent screwed to a trailer deck.

Old tack room.

Horse trailer in New Mexico.

The ground.

Ice cream truck.

Sounds like that one could be a little traumatic

Comment

I sleep in bed of truck on air mattress with my EZ up pop up over the bed
                      You can lower it to the bed of the truck and put a buddy heater in there and stay pretty warm and deff dry

Comment

8x16 wood frame with old sonic signs for walls

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post

This is the tent our family uses on camping trips. Love it. Easy set up and take down. Plenty of room for 4 (two queen mattress and walking room).

Comment

Once on a caribou hunt in Alaska, we stopped and set up camp along the haul road, ~50 miles south of Prudhoe Bay. One of the guys was supposed to bring an air mattress for me since mine had a slow leak. Guess what he forgot to bring? I had a sleeping bag rated for 20 below but it couldn't keep the cold tundra from creeping in.

Comment

When I was five or six we went to hunt at a family friends ranch in San Saba, and slept in a screened in porch with a wood-burning stove in the middle. My older cousin who was about 14 at the time, claimed the bed closest the stove. The only firewood we had was a big stack of cedar shake shingles. My dad, and my uncle took turns all night throwing boots, hats, and a flashlight, at my cousin to wake him up to put more shingles in the stove. Naturally they burned up a hot and fast… I'll never forget the frost on my pillow from my breath. It was like 17 degrees that night. The stove pipe was glowing red.

Comment

In a sheep shearing shed in Ft Stockton

Comment

Working...
                                X