Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. This bow is having a truly amazing journey. Threads like this prove to me that TBH is unlike any other forum out there. Thank you to everyone who has posted their pics and experiences. I have enjoyed reading them all.

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
      Shipped back repaired limb today Albert. You will get it tomorrow or Wed.
      I'm looking out for it, thanks again Bob! BTW, I'm loving the Blackhills I got from you....still haven't made time to take her hunting, hopefully soon.

Comment

Make sure and get some pics of dead critters Albert.

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
          Make sure and get some pics of dead critters Albert.
          Will do Bob.
          I received the limb yesterday. I did not have a chance to pull it out of the box and string her up. I will for sure be doing that this weekend

Comment

Great read. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Well, my time with Sacagawea has reached its end. Sorry I haven't posted much but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. I was able to take her hunting twice. On the first hunt, I shot a pig at dark, got a pass through and had blood but lost it at about 100 yards. My hawglite malfunctioned but I could still see the boar's silhouette well. Searched for an hour and no pig. On the second hunt, I had pigs come in but they circled and caught my wind. It was alot of fun either way. I will work on my writeup and post it this week.

I sent a pm to AJMag since TRH passed on his turn and may go at the end. I will send her out this week.

Comment

Looking forward to your write up, let me know when she gets shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                  Looking forward to your write up, let me know when she gets shipped.
                  Will do Chunky.

Comment

Unfortunately AJMag had to pass on his turn as well so just sent a pm to Chester12 who is next on the list.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this bow in person. I guess that I will have a reason to pick up a bow again, LOL.

Comment

My name is Albert Longoria. I am 44 years old and have been married to a wonderful wife named Valerie for 9 years now and we have 4 young children, 3 boys and a girl. My oldest is 5 and my youngest just turned 1 so as you can imagine we are extremely busy. I work in the medical center in San Antonio for a group of Hematology/Oncology physicians doing medical ultrasound and CT scans. *Aside from spending time with my family, I enjoy jogging and recently took up road biking and swimming. I grew up in Pearsall and was raised hunting and fishing as most of my family (dad, brothers, uncles and cousins) spent lots of time in the outdoors. Nobody in my family bow hunted but it always fascinated me so one day 14 years ago I walked into the Bow Shop and bought my first compound bow....a Jennings bow. *A year *later my dad took me to a friends lease for a hog hunt and I got lucky and shot a 200 pound hog and was hooked from that point on. *For years, I had always wanted to try trad but didn't know anyone who did it and it wasn't until just a few years ago that I made the jump into it and bought a Samick Sage. What a world of difference it was going from a compound to a recurve as there was a huge learning curve. But I enjoy the challenge and have more fun shooting with trad then shooting compound. And what a sense of accomplishment when you take your first animal with a real stick and string! *This year I decided to upgrade to a custom bow and went to visit Bob and bought a Sarrrels Black Hills longbow which I love. Bow hunting & archery have been my passion and I spend most of my free time doing that and try to expose my sons to archery as much as I can.

I am so glad that I signed to be part of Sacagawea's journey and really enjoyed my time with her. Shooting her felt just like I was shooting my Blackhills. Thanks to Chunky, Bob and everyone that put this together. *TBH is a special place and the people on the trad forum are first class people and I feel blessed to be part of it.

Comment

Sacagawea and my Sarrels Blackhills...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411251915076.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	24330835
                          My first bowkill 13 years ago...

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411251950499.jpg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	24330836
                          My first tradkill...

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411252008578.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	24330837
                          Last edited by Bowtech Lefty; 09-20-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I shipped Sacagawea out yesterday....should get to Chester on monday.

Comment

Good write-up Albert.

Comment

Nice write up Albert! I hope we can meet up one of these days!

I still say you got to do something about your screen name though!!! J/K

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X