Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mount question, more detailed neck or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount question, more detailed neck or not?

Just curious if you guys prefer the more detailed/muscled neck on your buck or the smoother look? My first one was smoother, more rounded, and my last few have been more detailed and I like the detail.

First one is a buddies buck, other is just one I found on the net.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I get mine mounted the way it looked when I harvested it. I have one mount with the hair standing up, kind of like the hackles were up.
    Rutting bucks can have some pretty interesting looks to them.
    If he's muscled up I would get it mounted that way.
    Nice bucks by the way.

Comment

I like a little detail but I’ve seen some taxidermist take it too far to where the deer looks unnatural. Some look like they are ready to step on stage at a body building contest.

Comment

That first buck is a toad!

Comment

I feel there's a happy medium. I've never personally seen a bucks neck so cut and toned. Usually it just looks swollen with some minor details. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
            I like a little detail but I’ve seen some taxidermist take it too far to where the deer looks unnatural. Some look like they are ready to step on stage at a body building contest.
            Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            I feel there's a happy medium. I've never personally seen a bucks neck so cut and toned. Usually it just looks swollen with some minor details. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            This.

Comment

Never seen a deer look like the first one. I’d send that back.

Comment

I agree! ^^^ A little detail is fine but that first pic is overboard.

Comment

I agree first buck is over board, and looks to have a deep v running down the center of his throat area to his chest( not any thing I have seen on a live deer) . If that were not there, I think he would look a lot better.

Comment

It should honor the animal the way it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Never seen a deer look like the first one. I’d send that back.
                      X2

Comment

That first one is an awesome buck, but like others have said I think they went a little overboard.

Comment

I like my deer to look like a deer. Not 47 creases in the skin making imaginary muscles. First one you posted I would not have accepted it.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                            This pretty much sums it up, for me.

If you look at live deer, or pictures of live deer, they will have some muscle definition, but it's never to the point of hard lines in the skin. It's very easy to go overboard with detail ... past the point of realism.

Some people like it. I'm not one that does.

Some taxidermists do all their mounts with over the top muscle definition. I don't do that either.

Comment

First one is gonna fail the drug tests at the gate.....
                              detail is fine, but thats just being silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X