This is interesting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting.

Just got This in my inbox. I clicked against my best judgement and was sent here.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by rbsears; 09-09-2018, 08:36 PM.

I got my LTC in July. Took the local class and range qualification. If I hand a LEO my drivers license and my LTC from Texas there should be no questions. $140 well spent. Not sure how comfortable they would be with a Virginia LTC and a Texas drivers license.

Comment

After completing this course you still have to submit paperwork to the Virginia State Police, including fingerprint card, proof of proficiency with handgun, etc. This checklist outlines what you need to submit.

NONRESIDENT CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT APPLICATION CHECK LIST

 Completed and signed application SP-248. The application is available at http://www.vsp.state.va.us/FormsPublications.shtm.

Money order or cashier’s check in the amount of $100.00 made payable to the Virginia State Police.

One photograph meeting required specifications. 
      Completed fingerprint card (Applicant Card FD-258). The impressions must be obtained by a law enforcement agency, and the card must:  be signed by the applicant,  be signed by the law enforcement individual taking the prints,  include the telephone number of the law enforcement individual taking the prints to facilitate validation of authenticity, and  the agency stamp on the back of the print card is requested but not mandatory.
      Note: Prints obtained by a private company acting as an agent of a law enforcement agency are acceptable. Prints obtained electronically must be copied onto an Applicant Fingerprint Card FD-258; electronic submission is not available.

Documentation of competence with a handgun (except upon renewal).

Photocopy of a valid photo-ID issued by a governmental agency.

Place return address on the envelope. 
      Apply appropriate postage.
      All boxes should be checked before mailing the information to:
      Firearms Transaction Center Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permits Criminal Justice Information Services Division Department of State Police P.O. Box 85141 Richmond, VA 23285-5141
      7-14-201
      Last edited by Phillip Fields; 09-10-2018, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
        I got my LTC in July. Took the local class and range qualification. If I hand a LEO my drivers license and my LTC from Texas there should be no questions. $140 well spent. Not sure how comfortable they would be with a Virginia LTC and a Texas drivers license.
        The reason most people are interested in a non-resident carry permit is for traveling the country. Adding certain non-resident permits covers more states.

Comment

Working...
        X