Camper electric problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
    I am going to do that after thinking about it. Staying with the 20 amp was if I ever needed the cord for something other than the camper. I have power to the camper cord but nothing inside where the cord connects to the breaker box. I didn't check the 12v lights or water pump when I was there which was my mistake. Battery had 12.3 volts so I assume it is good since it is one year old. Any idea what size the inline fuse is coming off the battery?
    The fuse is right there at the tongue of the trailer. (it might actually be a re-settable breaker ) follow you positive wire down to the trailer or it is on the converter (should be 30-40 amp fuses).

Comment

I can't go back down this week. I will go early the following week. The only good thing about this weekend is the rain and my pond went from dry to full in one week.
      Attached Files

Comment

Update. The RV tech said I'm pushing too many amps thru the 30 to 15 amp puck converter. It has worked for years but I trust him. Bought a new male 30 amp for the camper and a replacing the 20 amp female on the extension cord with a 30 amp to eliminate the adapter. Should work and will update early next week when I get to the ranch.

Comment

Also, check the connections where your outside cable (the extension chord) converts to the inside wire (probably Romex) that leads to your breaker panel. I lost a neutral there this year. Spent lots of useless hours trouble shooting it.

The connection in my camper was in the back closet, right where the extension chord comes into the camper. I had to remove a panel in the closet to access it. The neutral was burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
            Update. The RV tech said I'm pushing too many amps thru the 30 to 15 amp puck converter. It has worked for years but I trust him. Bought a new male 30 amp for the camper and a replacing the 20 amp female on the extension cord with a 30 amp to eliminate the adapter. Should work and will update early next week when I get to the ranch.

X2. My dads camper had this exact issue last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update. Finally got to the lease and replaced the male 30 off the camper and put a 30 amp female on the 10 gauge extension cord to eliminate the 30/15 doughnut adapter. Fixed the problem and I don't think I will have any more. Below is before and after.
              Attached Files

Comment

Glad it all worked out.

Comment

Working...
                X