Clear All

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
      Yes
      PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        You may want to reconsider 1 bath in a 3 bedroom house. If you decide to sell down the road it will be much less marketable than a 2 bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At least plan for a second bath even if you do not finish it out.

Comment

Pier and beam usually costs more than a slab would. Metal roof is generally more expensive as well.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Dump the metal roof and spray foam the entire house. If you have time and can secure the funds to be the GC.......you can build it easily for under $100 sq ft. It's a pia though and time consuming. ymmv

Comment

Thanks for the info and suggestions everyone. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Dump the metal roof and spray foam the entire house. If you have time and can secure the funds to be the GC.......you can build it easily for under $100 sq ft. It's a pia though and time consuming. ymmv
                  And you should plan to commit 100% of your available time to monitoring the subs. I completed my house a few months ago. I no longer have a day job so was able to be onsite almost every day. Even with that there were still some screw ups.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                    And you should plan to commit 100% of your available time to monitoring the subs. I completed my house a few months ago. I no longer have a day job so was able to be onsite almost every day. Even with that there were still some screw ups.
                    We have been in ours for 8 months and I did the same thing. You better plan on getting upset every now and then if you do though. I did not micro manage in no way but I did hold them accountable for quite a few things. They fixed them all but I felt like it wasn`t my job to do their job. Take plenty of pictures from beginning to end.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      You have screw ups even with a builder

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        You have screw ups even with a builder

Yep, and you are still the one having to hound everyone and make demands to get things done. Been there done that twice and will probably do it again.

Comment

Make sure to look into the utilities part also before you buy the dirt. We were told yea they are at the street. haha they did not tell us they were on the other side of the street. We are in for 8-9k to bore under the street to get water on our side. Electric is at the street, on the opposite side of the property so we are just under 10k there, and 15k for septic.

Oh and the well we could dig, well the water quality where we bought is not good and very very deep.

It been one suprise after another. But dirt with a house on it already. Save your marriage and bank account...

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            We have been in ours for 8 months and I did the same thing. You better plan on getting upset every now and then if you do though. I did not micro manage in no way but I did hold them accountable for quite a few things. They fixed them all but I felt like it wasn`t my job to do their job.
                            I had a contractor tell me that since I was there every day I should have caught the screw ups before they happened. When I told him it was his job to QC his work he hung up on me.

Comment

Working...
                            X