No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rgvhunter. Please make your comments to the USDA via the link on the lanwr website. I've been emailing the doi on a regular basis to get more public land available to hunt for us valley rats. We just gotta keep after the big dogs in dc. Keep the faith.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      Rgvhunter. Please make your comments to the USDA via the link on the lanwr website. I've been emailing the doi on a regular basis to get more public land available to hunt for us valley rats. We just gotta keep after the big dogs in dc. Keep the faith.

PM...

Comment

HEY! This looks like GREAT NEWS!
        I'm currently reading the Environmental Assessment, 41 pages in length. Very interesting. Takes me back to college years as an Environmental Science major...

I may give synapse of the EA later if any care to know without reading the full jargon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
          Ill PM you some maps and info I have later this evening. Although we didnt make it up to the northern part of 3, Cutting across as we did was not difficult. We did glass the northern area and didnt see much movement. We shot all of ours in the center of 3, and another group shot 5 out of the southern part of 3.

Thanks!

Comment

A few more pics...
            Can't wait to go back!

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
              PM...
              PM back

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                HEY! This looks like GREAT NEWS!
                I'm currently reading the Environmental Assessment, 41 pages in length. Very interesting. Takes me back to college years as an Environmental Science major...

I may give synapse of the EA later if any care to know without reading the full jargon.

Good deal. Pretty lengthy and wordy. Typical red tape govt BS.

Comment

If you are going to comment on the environmental assessment you need to keep it clean. There are some comments on there that could have been worded much better but if it's inappropriate nobody's going to listen to you even if you do have a good point. It might even get deleted. I logged on yesterday there were only five comments, 6 with mine. Six comments are not going to change anything. You need lots of comments hundreds of them if you want to make any kind of impact.

Comment

If you are going to comment on the environmental assessment you need to keep it clean. There are some comments on there that could have been worded much better but if it's inappropriate nobody's going to listen to you even if you do have a good point. It might even get deleted. I logged on yesterday there were only five comments, 6 with mine. Six comments are not going to change anything. You need lots of comments hundreds of them if you want to make any kind of impact.

On the website it mentions that they are proposing to open unit 7 to hunting. It does not mention anything about unit 4. Unit 4 has many nilgai, hogs and deer. It is part of the LANWR (public land) but is not open to the public. That unit needs to be available also.

Comment

we found them. Hope they hang around for the morning hunt.
                      Big shout out to TxFireFighter! Thank you very much for the info. Should be a
                      Great hunt!

They did warn us about if the government shuts down the hunt will be over! Fingers crossed!

Comment

I made comments yesterday. Clean and respectful. I'm not sure why they're not public. I haven't looked today though.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          I made comments yesterday. Clean and respectful. I'm not sure why they're not public. I haven't looked today though.

I read them all this afternoon. I still am planning on sitting down and putting my 2 cents together.

(Jebus, folks aren't really taking to kindly to da GUBMENT trying to have a few bovine mammals graze Unit 7 for a couple of years!)

"BUT THINK OF THE OCELOT!"

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                            We shot 4 more cows, recovered 3. I missed a bull at 400. Had the range right, we missed on the wind. Cross wind was gusting pretty good. Skated right past his back side. Park help asked us yesterday if we could shoot them one. We are donating 2 of these 3 to them. They have been a big help, it's been a great hunt!
                            Last pic is where we snuck to and waited for them to get in range.
                            Thanks for donating to the volunteer family. They saved our butts when the road was too muddy to pull the carts down.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

TxFirefighter I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                                we found them. Hope they hang around for the morning hunt.
                                Big shout out to TxFireFighter! Thank you very much for the info. Should be a
                                Great hunt!

They did warn us about if the government shuts down the hunt will be over! Fingers crossed!
                                Good deal! Get after them! They move alot so dont get discouraged if they arent there in the morning. Another group will move in. Let us know how you do!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X