Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats and best of luck!

Comment

Shiner kids know how to compete! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
        Shiner kids know how to compete! Good luck!
        Yes, they do. Unfortunately, winning state became a little more difficult when they dropped the baton during the prelims in the 4x200 at regionals. They had the best time in state by a good two seconds. They still have a shot, but the individuals, including my daughter, will have to be on their A+ game.

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        Awesome! I remember those days. You're right about being more nervous in the regional than State. Gotta do great in regional. State is icing on the cake. What grade is she in? Good luck to her!
        She is a junior.

Comment

We have one girl that is going in the pole vault (11'3) and triple jump (37'4), and one boy going in the 800 (2:00). Best of luck to all competitors. Be fun to see the Swoopes girl from Whiteright throw the disc (175) and shot (46). I did get to see something at the regional meet that I'll probably never see again in person in my coaching career, I saw a kid from The Woodlands throw the shot 72'11.25". THAT IS A LONG FREAKING WAY TO THROW A 12LB SHOT!!! And its still not as far as Michael Carter threw it in high school.

Comment

Shane, tell Faith we said good luck ! My has she grown up since I last saw her !

Comment

run Forest run!

Comment

Coached track for 20 years, there is nothing better than being the parent of 400m qualifier, because they have to be so tough just to be there. I know you are very proud and enjoy the trip. There are no losers at that event.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                  Shane, tell Faith we said good luck ! My has she grown up since I last saw her !
                  Thanks Dennis...it has been a while.

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                  Coached track for 20 years, there is nothing better than being the parent of 400m qualifier, because they have to be so tough just to be there. I know you are very proud and enjoy the trip. There are no losers at that event.
                  She absolutely loves the 400. After running the 3200 and 1600 the last two years, she thinks this is easy. Her exact words, "It's only one lap."

I can't watch her without holding back tears. It has always been this way with her. She's my baby girl.

Comment

I watched the Swoopes girls from 3A Whitesboro throw the discus 175-1
                    and the shot 46-10 at our regional meet 2 weeks ago. And yes she is Tyrone Swoopes sister.
                    My oldest daughter threw at the state meet and it was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
                      We have one girl that is going in the pole vault (11'3) and triple jump (37'4), and one boy going in the 800 (2:00). Best of luck to all competitors. Be fun to see the Swoopes girl from Whiteright throw the disc (175) and shot (46). I did get to see something at the regional meet that I'll probably never see again in person in my coaching career, I saw a kid from The Woodlands throw the shot 72'11.25". THAT IS A LONG FREAKING WAY TO THROW A 12LB SHOT!!! And its still not as far as Michael Carter threw it in high school.
                      Micheal Carter's high school record of 81'2" I believe, might be one that never gets broken. He and I threw in a meet together in high school. I threw 56'4" and he only beat me 21 feet He threw it 77'5" that day what a beast.

Comment

Looks like your daughter did well! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          Looks like your daughter did well! Congrats!
                          She did do well. She got 5th in the 400, running her personal best. And the 4x400 relay got 4th. I am so very proud of her and all the Shiner athletes.

Going in to the mile relay, the state champion was going to be between Shiner and Union Grove. Whichever team finished ahead of other was going to win it all. Union Grove got second. Although being state runner-ups is a heck of an accomplishment, there were a lot of tears being shed. All the girls did an excellent job, and all individuals and both relays earned points. Can't ask for much more than that. When the 800 relay dropped the baton at regionals, we all knew it would be an uphill battle. They fought extremely hard.

Comment

My cousin's daughter ran in the state meet this weekend for 2A Era. In the relays, she and her relay mates captured a bronze in the 4x100 and then they set a new 2A state record in the mile relay winning gold.....What a way to cap off her senior year.

Interview of the team afterwards http://tx.milesplit.com/videos/213059

Raegan is the blonde on the left in the first pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Regan state.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24494937

Name:	Regan state2.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24494938

Name:	Regan.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	24494936
                            Last edited by Smart; 05-15-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Good Stuff.. A lot of hardwear is now on 90a.

Our girls won a bunch but had to pull out of the 4x4 which has been smoking fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X