Passport question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passport question

Anybody have an idea how long it takes to get a passport once it gets to the printing stage?

Paid government directly for the 2-3 week expedited.

Just now getting to this stage a day short of a month.

Thanks!

It only took 5 weeks for mine and I didn’t expedite it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we did the passport card not the book, so not sure it applies. but wife submitted hers on jan 23rd and received it in the mail on feb 5th. right at 2 weeks. I did mine at the same office on the 26th, haven't received it yet.

this was normal route, not expedited.

saw where they are raising the rates, so many people are jumping to get it done now. maybe increasing processing times in your area?

Comment

Following. Not trying to hijack, but I'm about to start the process. Is it better to get the book or the card?

Comment

my family and I (wife & 2 kids) turned our apps in on Jan 8 and we received our Passports last week - 4 week turn around for regular processing. We got our passports before we got our birth certs back from them.
          Was a fairly easy process. Wife had to get a new copy of her birth cert & I had to make some copies of our DLs for the kids passports. But it was all handled very easy and simple. Whole process was done in about 30 minutes !!

Comment

depends. but mostly better to go ahead and get the book.

card is for land and sea only. meaning if I miss my cruise ship or have a medical emergency, I don't have a way to fly back from Cozumel.

im gambling on the chances of that happening being very slim. and even if it does happen, in an emergency Ill be able to get a book through the consulate, I've just read its a PITA.

card is easy to transport/keep up with as it looks like a DL. and it's much cheaper than a book

Comment

Get the book, just in case.

Comment

I guess I just got lucky. I submitted my information for the passport and received it in less than two weeks. I submitted it on Nov 15th and had it in my hand on the 26th. They were wasting no time and I didn't pay for expedited, just routine service.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUhunter View Post
                  Anybody have an idea how long it takes to get a passport once it gets to the printing stage?

Paid government directly for the 2-3 week expedited.

Just now getting to this stage a day short of a month.

Thanks!
                  6 weeks expected delivery

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
                    Following. Not trying to hijack, but I'm about to start the process. Is it better to get the book or the card?
                    Get both

Comment

I would do the book. I expedited my newest one and it took right at 2 weeks....I found my lost one about a week after I sent off for my new one....great luck. I believe you can go to Houston and have it back in a day or two, not sure on the cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X