Propane tank at new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propane tank at new house

Gonna bury a tank to run stove and fireplace at the new home build, any body ever run the hot water heater off of propane. Since we can't shop electric, moving to coop. Thought it might be cheaper?

We put them in new houses that we build all the time. You should look into Renai on demand water heaters.

Comment

I run a water heater off of propane. I probably use 400gallons a year. Fireplace , heater and stove.

Switching to a tankless in the next few months.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys!!

Comment

Yep last 2 housed have had propane water heaters. Water heater, cook top, log lighter in fireplace are propane. Last house was all of the above plus the furnace, current house has heat pump.

Comment

Does it make sense to run heat to, it's gonna be 3000ft?

Comment

My A/C guy says no. He says heat pump is much more efficient.

Comment

Get you a tankless that runs off propane and you will never look back

Comment

I've got a 500gal subterranean tank that supplies our on-demand water heater, kitchen range, pool/hot tub heater, & gas logs. I'll burn through 600-700 gals a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
                    yup^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
                      I thought the same thing until I actually owned one for 8 years. We wasted so much water waiting on hot water to get to the tap, especially during the winter. We have an traditional electric now and I will never go back to tank-less.

Comment

I've heard Propane Water heaters are not as efficient as Electric so when we built our house we put in an on demand electric water heater.

A builder friend of mine had just put in a propane on demand water heater and said it was very inefficient.

Comment

I'm building my house right now also. I'm doing the same thing. Going with a 500 gal with tankless water heaters, 2 fireplaces, hot tub and indoor and outdoor kitchen connections. Everyone's comments on usage falls right in line with all the info I've gotten prior to making my decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                            I thought the same thing until I actually owned one for 8 years. We wasted so much water waiting on hot water to get to the tap, especially during the winter. We have an traditional electric now and I will never go back to tank-less.
                            Maybe the installer did not calculate the best place to install it, I have a 3500 foot lake home with 3 baths and we have no problems, the longest wait is about 20 - 30 seconds in the winter for the furthest away bathroom.

Comment

We just completed our house build a couple of months ago and have a C3 on demand hot water heater. Make sure you get it with the circulation pump etc for faster response. Also you mentioned burying your tank, if you choose not to bury it make sure you have it installed far enough away just in case there is a house fire. Renting a tank is very cheap and if you chose C3 for heating remember the price normally is close to tracking gasoline prices per gallon. Some companies require a minimum usage per year is my experience if you lease a tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X