Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't over cook and it will be great

Comment

Best tasting way I've had it is slice thin and cooked over mesqiute. Greatness. Oh just salt and pepper.

Comment

I cut it down the middle not all the way through and opened it like a book and cut all the white and stringy stuff out, so left with one solid slab of red meat, then marinated it in olive oil, wine, red wine vinegar, garlic and rosemary over night.
        Grilled it to med rare over lump charcoal, it was as good as it looks
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks yuuummmmmyyyyyy

Comment

I also find no need to marinade at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
              I cut it down the middle not all the way through and opened it like a book and cut all the white and stringy stuff out, so left with one solid slab of red meat, then marinated it in olive oil, wine, red wine vinegar, garlic and rosemary over night.
              Grilled it to med rare over lump charcoal, it was as good as it looks
              Yep, this is what we do; except the marinade. We just salt and pepper. Looks just like this when done. Didn't ever bother with the heart until I picked up a cookbook for cooking game. Can't remember the author, but it was a chef from Texas.

Comment

Yeah I got this from the book "afield" ...the author has a wild game restraunt and butcher shop in austin

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                  Yeah I got this from the book "afield" ...the author has a wild game restraunt and butcher shop in austin
                  Yep... that's the book. I really like the book and the stories in them too.

Comment

I like deer heart tacos. Fresh salsa, and avocado you are good to go.

Comment

Pan fried salt and pepper

Comment

Ive mule deer heart marinading and frozen in enchilada sauce. Im gonna thaw it out, slice it into steaks and pan fry in bacon grease.

Danimals recipe looks dang delicious.

Comment

Going to try some of these ideas soon!

Comment

Tried the hearts off our does from this year and all we did was cook it up same way you would cook a steak, just sliced it into 1/2" slices and it was amazing. Will be keeping all of our deer hearts from now on. Way to tasty to be letting the yotes have them anymore.

Comment

I've put them on the smoker several times and they turn out pretty good. Cover in molasses and have been using a high mountain seasoning that's a little spicy.

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
                                My breakfast recipie

cube one heart into 1/2 bite size pieces and season to taste, coat with flour and fry in 1/8" of hot vegetable oil. when browned but not cooked through, I add on can drained cubed new potatoes, let this fry till nearly done and add 6 beaten eggs. Cook till eggs are done. A one skillet "camp" breakfast. Add katsup, tobasco or picante sauce if you like.
                                This sounds magical!

Comment

Working...
                                X