No announcement yet.

Disc Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliments. I bought the burner on E-bay. $99.00 with free shipping.

Comment

That is a good un!

Comment

that is great might have to try somthing like that myself

Comment

Me likey

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            looks nice, just cooked fajitas in mine the other day, sure is hard to beat.
            Did you cook the meat in the disc in some oil, or pre cook on the grill?

Comment

Bill, I just cook everything in the disc, venison, shrimp, fish, beef whatever kind of meat you use. I use liquid oil, corn or peanut. If doing a stir fry with the veggies I will use some homemade honey soy sauce also. Its about experimenting and finding what you like. There will be some great ideas on here for different recipes. The more you cook in the disc, the more you will find you CAN cook in the disc. Breakfast (eggs,meat,tortillas) is easy. These discs are very versatile and fun.

Comment

Nice build. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My archery club is hosting the regional unmarked 3d shoot on Sunday (6 clubs) and I'm the shoot coordinator and we're making fajitas for the lunch afterwards, figuring on cooking for 60 people. Should be fun. Chicken and pork fajitas.

Comment

We went the 'hybrid' approach on Sunday. Marinated tri tip and cooked over a charcoal fire, sliced it up and I had the onions, peppers and cilantro all ready to make into fajitas.

When folks asked where did I find out about the disc cookers, guess what I said?

Comment

Used my disk that i bought from bob g this weekend for the first time. It made sausage and eggs like nobody's business. Tonight we cooked up some fajitas on it and i have to say those were the best ones i've ever eaten.
                      Idea i'd like to see someone try when they build one of these: Why not weld a small lip about 4 inches or so from the edge so when you are cooking something like fajitas and you want to put the onions and peppers off to the side, they don't slide back to the middle. Just a thought.

Comment

disc upgrade

hey coach, thanks for the plug, it's about time u use that thing, it's been several weeks now since you bought it but i bet you use it more often now, hehehe. let's get together and we can get bowfishin fool to make your modifications. always lookin for an upgrade. enjoy...
                        tending the fire,
                        Bob G.
                        team smores

Comment

sweet stand!

I have been playing with similar ideas and yours trumped mine. Killer fan base!

Comment

Looks good, Doc!

Mad skillz!

I eye-balled a similar burnin hootus at a local flea market for bout $40 that is real similar to yer banjo burner.

I may go snag 1 or 3 of em up and try to follow yer lead.
                            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

that's nice i need to build me one does gebos have the discs or tractor supply oh and horse shoes

Comment

Originally posted by deschro View Post
                                that's nice i need to build me one does gebos have the discs or tractor supply oh and horse shoes
                                you can get 22" and 24" deep or shallow concavity
                                no hole, unpainted and unsharpened

mcmaster n/h
                                decatur tx

sturm welding
                                pilot point tx

metal sales
                                gainesville tx

Comment

Working...
                                X