Pipeline Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipeline Controllers

Anyone in here work as pipeline controller? I currently work at a chemical plant and I want to eventually transition to a midstream company in the control room. I applied to a few jobs in downtown Houston. Has anyone ever worked in a control center downtown?

I have a buddy that works for Shell, downtown in their control center. I passed a job in Fredericksburg to work @ kinder morgans controller station when I was 23. I know, I'm a moron.

Comment

Left champion chemicals to become to work in control room. Glad I did, I hated working at champion.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
        Left champion chemicals to become to work in control room. Glad I did, I hated working at champion.
        Do you work in a downtown control room?

Comment

Originally posted by kennyc05 View Post
          Do you work in a downtown control room?
          No sir, I work up in West Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            No sir, I work up in West Texas.
            How is it getting into the pipeline industry if you're coming from the chemical industry?

Comment

I need a need a controller in San Antonio. One of the guys went and found another job likely for more money, better hours, etc... Sorry SOB. Just kidding Mason!!! You will be tough to replace.

Send me a pm and I will get you an email where you can send a resume if you think San Antonio is of interest to you.

Comment

What does a pipeline controller do?

Comment

I have been working the past 3 years as an outside operator at a chemical plant in La Porte. The past year I have been able to work the board console when either board console operator or supervisor is off. So it is a pretty sweet gig but I would like to work closer to Richmond where I live now. Good luck on the job. One of the board operators I fill in for has applied for a pipeline controller job downtown as well. I would apply but I need more experience on the board to have a legit shot for the job. My coworker says he has to take a cobra test where he is applying.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                    I need a need a controller in San Antonio. One of the guys went and found another job likely for more money, better hours, etc... Sorry SOB. Just kidding Mason!!! You will be tough to replace.

Send me a pm and I will get you an email where you can send a resume if you think San Antonio is of interest to you.
                    Lol I'm always seeing openings in San Antonio. Do you guys pull in six figures?
                    Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                    I have been working the past 3 years as an outside operator at a chemical plant in La Porte. The past year I have been able to work the board console when either board console operator or supervisor is off. So it is a pretty sweet gig but I would like to work closer to Richmond where I live now. Good luck on the job. One of the board operators I fill in for has applied for a pipeline controller job downtown as well. I would apply but I need more experience on the board to have a legit shot for the job. My coworker says he has to take a cobra test where he is applying.
                    It seems like they hire from all types of backgrounds.

Comment

I would love to say they do, but truth is pay for entry level or less than 1-2 yrs is around 23-27 am hour with around 15% OT and 10% Bonus. Pay certainly goes up as experience increases and for supervisors/managers.

Comment

I currently work downstream. I have worked upstream/midstream and I found the work much more enjoyable but alot more volatile.

When major oil takes a dive upstream and midstream get hit pretty hard. I kept transferring just ahead of layoffs and eventually had to transfer downstream.

I dont love downstream work but your job is very stable.

Comment

I would love to say they do, but truth is pay for entry level or less than 1-2 yrs is around 23-27 am hour with around 15% OT and 10% Bonus. Pay certainly goes up as experience increases and for supervisors/managers.
                          I thought it would be more. I wonder if it's the same here in Houston?

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Yep that is very close to Permian pay.

Good steady work.

If you are chasing the $ you need to go I and E or some type of field operator that is getting more OT.

Comment

Working...
                              X