Cultipacker Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cultipacker Question

Does anyone use a cultipacker after they disc and after they broadcast seed? I've read about how important they are and the job that they do, but I wanted to get yalls thoughts. We've been looking for one but they are pretty expensive. Let me know your thoughts.

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
    Does anyone use a cultipacker after they disc and after they broadcast seed? I've read about how important they are and the job that they do, but I wanted to get yalls thoughts. We've been looking for one but they are pretty expensive. Let me know your thoughts.
    we use after we disc and after we seed
    we use the fermiseeder. it has helped alot

Comment

I use one. I use a tiller instead of a disk. This spring, I tilled, cultipacked, broadcast then cultipacked again.

Last week, I tilled then broadcast and then cultipacked. I was worried about the smaller clover seeds being broadcast into the "fluff", but I'm getting good germination on all of it.

Comment

Look for used ones or make your own.

Comment

Yeah, they are expensive and quite hard to find one that doesn't look like it's been in a train wteck. I failed to act quickly enough about six months ago and I'm still kicking my own azz over missing a good deal on one.

Comment

Yeah we do, I think it makes a big difference. We made our own, still probably cost $500 or so.

Comment

Spring plot we did. Firminator is great. $10k rig. We plant plots for customers around the surrounding counties.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cultipacker Question

Turner seed pretty strongly recommends cultipacking or rolling before and after broadcasting seed. Here's their write up:

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
                  Turner seed pretty strongly recommends cultipacking or rolling before and after broadcasting seed. Here's their write up:

https://nebula.wsimg.com/2b41c30a0e1...&alloworigin=1
                  I've read that before, and would agree if using a plow. Using a tiller the dirt is very smooth and well mixed. I tried broadcasting first and then cultipacking my fall plots. Even my tiny clover seeds are germinating just fine.

Comment

That brillion in houston is long gone checked with him weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This year I put in my best plots I have ever done using the following method.

Disc
                      Cultipack-drag (pulled in tandem) - level seed bed and bust clods
                      Spread seed
                      Light drag-cultipack (pulled in tandem again)

Built my own cultipacker.

I Will post a few pics

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                        This year I put in my best plots I have ever done using the following method.

Disc
                        Cultipack-drag (pulled in tandem) - level seed bed and bust clods
                        Spread seed
                        Light drag-cultipack (pulled in tandem again)

Built my own cultipacker.

I Will post a few pics
                        1.75 acres
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                          1.75 acres
                          Last week
                          Attached Files

Comment

I want one bad, but it aint in the budget right now.
                            I disc, smooth with drag, spread seeds , then smooth/cover again with drag
                            However, my results with thatching are still not in yet.

BP

Comment

Working...
                            X