Carpeting a box blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpeting a box blind

So I have quite a bit of carpet that's in really good shape that I acquired for free.. The only issue is it's really light colored. Trying to keep the bow hunting blind as dark as possible inside. Anyone have any experience with using lighter colored carpet and it making the blind seem lighter inside during daylight hours? It might be fine as long as it's just on the floor only?

I was thinking about dying it darker, but that seems like a wip. Might be better to just find new carpet.

Mine was a lighter color, until i stepped on it with muddy boots. Didn't ever seem to bother the deer or add light as the inside of the stand is painted a dark color.

Comment

Originally posted by jweir99 View Post
      So I have quite a bit of carpet that's in really good shape that I acquired for free.. The only issue is it's really light colored. Trying to keep the bow hunting blind as dark as possible inside. Anyone have any experience with using lighter colored carpet and it making the blind seem lighter inside during daylight hours? It might be fine as long as it's just on the floor only?

I was thinking about dying it darker, but that seems like a wip. Might be better to just find new carpet.

4x6 mats from a uniform company work wonders. I use them only for the flooring but they work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're close to San Antonio I can dye it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't worry about it if you only put it on the floor.

Comment

I'll let you borrow my kids for a day, they'll have it black in no time

Comment

You could use a plastic tub and rit dye to darken it. Or maybe use a pump sprayer to spray it on.

Comment

Carpet color won't matter.
                I sometime flip mine. Same quiet result, less sticker burrs.

Comment

Just get a can or two of cheap paint from Wal-Mart and just spray paint it until it's dark as you want. $5 fix.

Comment

Any color is fine - it won't matter at all.

Comment

I think lighter colors on the inside might help eliminate the blackhole effect.

I hang light colored burlap inside of my windows for just that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by jweir99 View Post

If you like mice and mold, by all means, carpet the inside of your blind.

If it were me, I'd paint the inside of the walls black, and put down some sort of thin rubber floor (like rubber horse stall mats (you can buy them thinner.)

Comment

This is a little off topic, but I need roughly 160 square feet of carpet for some of our newer stands. Do you guys have any suggestions where to go to find some cheap/free carpet near San Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                            This is a little off topic, but I need roughly 160 square feet of carpet for some of our newer stands. Do you guys have any suggestions where to go to find some cheap/free carpet near San Antonio
                            Try to find a place where they are building a bunch of spec house in a subdivision they usually have a bunch of scrap pieces laying around

Comment

on the floor shouldn't matter as long as the walls/backdrop blends.

Comment

Working...
                              X