Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone tell me where to get the cheapest corn around taylor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone tell me where to get the cheapest corn around taylor?

10.00 a 50 lb bag is killing me, please help, i will buy in bulk if i have to......

I buy mine from Bucee's in Bastrop, $8.50 for a 50lb. It's probably too far away to make it worth it, but just in case you are in the area.

Comment

What do you have to put the bulk corn in?

I am asking because it is harvest time and thinking you mifgt be able to buy some straight out of the field if you had the right trailer to haul it in.

You could also see what Williamson County Grain is getting for bulk corn.

Comment

9.00 per 50 lb bag or 17.50 per 100
        East side of the loop

Comment

in the next couple of weeks those farmers around taylor will be combining. Just stop them in the field and ask them to fill your pickup. Thats as cheap as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodey View Post
            in the next couple of weeks those farmers around taylor will be combining. Just stop them in the field and ask them to fill your pickup. Thats as cheap as it gets.
            The corn dried up early this year because we didn't get thw rain when it needed it. Most of them started combining last week and the larger operations will be shelling corn for another 3 weeks or so, maybe longer depending on the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowcat View Post
              http://www.texasdeercorn.com/contact-us
              9.00 per 50 lb bag or 17.50 per 100
              East side of the loop
              This is where I get mine for the past 3 years. Harold is a nice guy. Tell him Phillip the Deaf guy with two adorable girls sent ya!

He will treat ya right.

Comment

is this randall fisher place

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                This is where I get mine for the past 3 years. Harold is a nice guy. Tell him Phillip the Deaf guy with two adorable girls sent ya!

He will treat ya right.
                is this randall fisher's place????

Comment

i went to website yes that's randall fischer place, he was 8.50 2 weeks ago my dad buys from them 2, but that's old corn.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                    is this randall fisher's place????
                    I know his son runs/owns the place but i only seen and known Harold thats always there. I only know of him. Old corn?

I am not sure. That's news to me. I've never had any issues with the corn ever. Three years. Never had gone bad on me at all. I always see him put bags in my truck right when they are pouring the corns from hopper to the bag before sewn it up.

I'd like to know more about corn being old.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                      I know his son runs/owns the place but i only seen and known Harold thats always there. I only know of him. Old corn?

I am not sure. That's news to me. I've never had any issues with the corn ever. Three years. Never had gone bad on me at all. I always see him put bags in my truck right when they are pouring the corns from hopper to the bag before sewn it up.

I'd like to know more about corn being old.
                      It's possible the corn you are getting is from a previous harvest year. So the corn you get this fall may have been harvested in 2012. I don't know for sure that's how he works but I would imagine the cheaper corn you see is left over from the year before unless the farmer is taking it straight out of the field and into the silos.

Comment

Corn, $300 a pallet, 51# bags

I know it is a ways away, but there is a guy southwest of Waco (Speegleville) who is selling field corn in 51# paper bags at $300 a pallet (40 bags). I know that he delivers big orders on his big rig for as little as $350 a pallet--but I don't know exactly how far away he is willing to deliver. I have bought pallets from him the last couple of years and the corn works just as well in my feeders as it does in corn-burning stoves. He started taking his corn in last week and I expect he will be back at it next week after the ground dries from recent rains.

If interested, call Bud at 254-744-8461. Tell him a Baylor professor sent you. (He might actually remember me.)

Comment

Originally posted by TexasProf View Post
                          I know it is a ways away, but there is a guy southwest of Waco (Speegleville) who is selling field corn in 51# paper bags at $300 a pallet (40 bags). I know that he delivers big orders on his big rig for as little as $350 a pallet--but I don't know exactly how far away he is willing to deliver. I have bought pallets from him the last couple of years and the corn works just as well in my feeders as it does in corn-burning stoves. He started taking his corn in last week and I expect he will be back at it next week after the ground dries from recent rains.

If interested, call Bud at 254-744-8461. Tell him a Baylor professor sent you. (He might actually remember me.)
                          I bought mine from him last year and it was very clean gotta call him again this coming week.

Comment

Clean, Fair, and Cheap

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            I bought mine from him last year and it was very clean gotta call him again this coming week.
                            I had lunch with the farmer yesterday and he has just bagged 30+ pallets from 50 acres that he took at the end of last week and he expects to have a couple of thousand pallets available for sale this year. His prices are great and I like the fact he loads 51 pounds--just to be sure that he is being fair.

Comment

Working...
                            X