Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Ok my question is this a tuning issue or do i need just to adjust my sights by twisting one ear? Everything is left of poa, these were all shot at 15 yards.

How is your grip? I used to have the same problem, turned out my grip was all wrong. Don't grab, rather lean it between index finger and thumb and let the bow fall forward after you release. YouTube will be your best friend. Good luck

Comment

What bow/sight combination are you using?

Gary

Comment

Are they all the same arrow just different fletch? If they ever shot right and now don't its you if they have always shot that way it can be the tune. Have you checked your brace height lately it can effect your tune. Brace height is about the only thing that can go out of tune on a normal trad bow. If nothing else has changed and they used to shoot good I'd consider looking at my stance and also have someone video you. Short drawing will cause arrows on the verge of being stiff to go over the edge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're right handed then you may be flexing your release arm to the left when you release. You may be torquing your bow to the left with your bow hand. I always tell people to hold a high grip bow lightly but a long bow grip like it might get away. If it's a long bow with a typical low grip then grab it hard, hard enough that it can't move in the hand.

Comment

I see you are in Parker County we need to shoot together sometime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
              Ok my question is this a tuning issue or do i need just to adjust my sights by twisting one ear? Everything is left of poa, these were all shot at 15 yards.
              No real way to answer that over the internet! Could be tuning, could be form???

Bisch

Comment

Im going to work on my grip. Just pm Dkincaid

Comment

This will sound funny, but do you cant your bow? I was hitting a shade left also and learned that if I cant my bow to the 2 o'clock mark, the arrows hit where they need to. Worth a try.

Comment

Are you using a single pin adjustable sight or multi-pin? I prefer the single pin.

Youtube for instructions for sure.

#1 thing is to work on your form and release at about 5 yards. IMHO these are the two most important things in shooting a stickbow.

Doug

Comment

The way that looks I'd say form issue but like bisch said internet could be a number of things

Comment

Just a couple things (re-enforcing what others have already said.)

1) Are those the exact same arrows (weight, length, spine, etc?) If not, just shoot 2 of the same arrows.
                        2) How does your shooting look at 10 yards?

Comment

Working...
                        X