Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the deer population in Dilley area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the deer population in Dilley area?

I know it can vary from ranch to ranch, but curious in general if anyone hunts low fenced in the area how their deer herd is looking.

I'm in the process of getting some acreage over there, but the old man I'm getting it from doesn't seem like he's ever used a camera at all.

Property is laid out nice though and seems like it could hold a decent population in the surround area. Has a high fenced neighbor which could be good or bad I guess. Hopefully some of their big ones have escaped

I hunt off 469 and low fence, high fence on 2 sides. Deer population is pretty dense I would say. It is nothing for us to see 10-15 deer in a sit. Sometimes more. Don't know if the whole area is like that. Lots of high fences.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      I hunt off 469 and low fence, high fence on 2 sides. Deer population is pretty dense I would say. It is nothing for us to see 10-15 deer in a sit. Sometimes more. Don't know if the whole area is like that. Lots of high fences.
      that's a good sign. I've talked to some guys who've had land for a long time tell me that after a lot of high fences started moving in the deer population on their place dwindled pretty bad. Took some years to get it back to where it was.

10-15 in one sitting is really good IMO.

Comment

Working...
      X