Tomorrow it begins again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow it begins again

Well tomorrow our general hunting season begins, and I will be back at my blind after some work hours in the morning. Probably since the moon is full again, I will hit it mid day.

I have a mission to complete, and its like a feeling of a guy needing a drink real bad like, and those that have felt this know exactly what I am talking about.

My Zwickey broadheads sharpened and re-checked and sitting in my 4 arrow Bob Lee quiver, sting waxed etc. The bucks should be in the rut, and running the scrape line, and my blind is set up on a nice funneling area where I left it last Sunday.

good luck keep us posted

Comment

good luck

Comment

Go get em'! Here's to a broadside buck and a clean passthru!

Comment

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonwood View Post
            Well tomorrow our general hunting season begins, and I will be back at my blind after some work hours in the morning. Probably since the moon is full again, I will hit it mid day.

I have a mission to complete, and its like a feeling of a guy needing a drink real bad like, and those that have felt this know exactly what I am talking about.

My Zwickey broadheads sharpened and re-checked and sitting in my 4 arrow Bob Lee quiver, sting waxed etc. The bucks should be in the rut, and running the scrape line, and my blind is set up on a nice funneling area where I left it last Sunday.
            Sounds like a plan; Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck.

I plan on getting fairly aggressive with it this weekend.
              Drag raggin, and some easy callin.
              I miss my decoy. Gonna get a new one soon. Real soon.

Comment

Remember: BOW ONLY Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                  Remember: BOW ONLY Good Luck
                  Yep, aint nothin but me and my recurve and what supplies I need to take into the blind with. Iffin its wet, I may get some stalking done, and if its not raining as forcasted, just may sit under a tree close to a deer highway. But it will be Bow Only for sure.

Comment

Stormin big time here today. Started about 3 a.m., and don't look like it is gonna stop.

Looks like no hunting today, but I'll go this afternoon if this lets up.

Comment

Well I headed out this afternoon, and got in my blind having some rain but not much. I decided to head off into the woods, to stalk around wearing ASAT today and my orange vest that is striped out as well. On the back side of the property, I found a buck that was a nice 8 point, but just a bit to far, as it looked about 35 yards with some branches in the way. I had to try and creep ever so slowly to get a bit closer. I got to with in about 23 yards, and as I was raising my bow up for the shot, he turned and was gone like the ghost of the woods.

I waited a while before heading back towards my blind, as it was starting to rain again. I sat there till almost dark, observing several does wonder thru, but they are hands off as it is bucks only.

Just as the light was really getting low, I noticed movement in the upper pasture of a large bodied grey ghost, one I had not seen before but could tell that it was much larger than the buck I had seen earlier. To far out past the tree line, and I was at least 100 yards up in the timber. I headed out the other way, to cut around where I thought he might come out as I had about 10 minutes of legal shooting light left.

I arrived where I thought he would be, but he had not come thru as I could tell. Well, I figure its all good, because he didn't see me, but I saw him and tomorrow is another day in my bowhunting world.

Comment

Working...
                      X