My Field Of Dreams Food Plot Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Field Of Dreams Food Plot Project

So one of the main reasons I picked my new lease was the opportunity to plant a food plot. There is a great 1 acre spot that I plan on converting to a food plot. I will update as I go.

This is the "pre" pictures. Old dried up swamp that has had nothing done to it. Looks like deer a bedding in it and I have seen some hog signs on the edges. Surrounded by pine and hardwoods and completly enclosed save for a small entrance from the main lane. Many trails, tracks and scat found all around the field.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ren087; 09-16-2013, 11:55 AM.

looks like lots and lots of thick cover. if you make a cut in that stuff it will be an animal magnet.

Comment

yep, looks great man, good luck with it and plant it thick

Comment

That looks like a great spot for a food plot.

Comment

Looks great man. That will be a nice sized plot. Looking forward to seeing your progress on it

Comment

Tremendous looking spot....very secluded....love it.

What you planting?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              Tremendous looking spot....very secluded....love it.

What you planting?
              +2

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

Man that looks like a great spot!

Comment

First planting will be Mossy Oak Biologic Outfitters Blend. Don't have time for ph test and lime will take a few months anyway so decided to go for a quick and easy first time plot. Will do more work and planning and prep in the spring as I want a spring/summer plot with the protein I am going to put out.

Outfitter’s Blend is a fall blend of New Zealand Triticale, Austrian winter peas, brassicas, clovers, wheat and oats

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
                      First planting will be Mossy Oak Biologic Outfitters Blend. Don't have time for ph test and lime will take a few months anyway so decided to go for a quick and easy first time plot. Will do more work and planning and prep in the spring as I want a spring/summer plot with the protein I am going to put out.

Outfitter’s Blend is a fall blend of New Zealand Triticale, Austrian winter peas, brassicas, clovers, wheat and oats
                      How did this mixture work?

Comment

Working...
                      X