Millennium M25 Hang-on Stand and Muddy Outfitter Climbing Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millennium M25 Hang-on Stand and Muddy Outfitter Climbing Sticks

Was looking to buy a Millennium hang-on this year to replace a cheap, and i do mean cheap, used hang-on that i hunted last year. the seat on the thing is so small my arse took a beating everytime i sat for more than an hour.

well i start looking at the Millennium website again and notice a few new items for 2015. the M25 hang-on being one of them. what really caught my attention was the price. $99

comfy seat, but it does not have the leveling built in like other Millenniums, nor does it use the Millennium receiver. it uses a rachet style strap.

but the price and the comfy seat... well i pulled the trigger. this is gonna replace my cheapie and be oh so much more comfortable. i also plan on using it occasionally out in cass county for a weekend or three during deer season. and when i get drawn at hag i also plan on using it there. maybe even a public land hunt.

who has one? what do you think? all the reviews i read were GREAT !!!

so i was also look for climbing sticks to use on my away from home hunts. lone wolf and muddy's are what i looked at. and i went with the less expensive muddy outfitters, although they weight a bit more.

who has these sticks and what do you think?

on a side note, just got my hind sight twilight. mounted it, need to sight it b4 taking the peep off.

deer blind is also coming along nicely...

come on archery season...

Following

Comment

ttt...

anyone use either?

Comment

another bump

Comment

I've used a millennium stand now for 3 seasons...love it! Very comfortable...like a lawn chair in the sky.

Comment

Of my three tree stands, my Mellinium is my favorite. I believe it's the M-100.

Comment

I bought the m-25 for the price point as well. Definitely the most comfortable hang on that I have. It came put together in the box except for the piece that digs into the tree unlike all other hang ons that I have bought. I've only had it a year and I took it down at the end of the year but it is very sturdy and no noise when standing or shifting your weight. I'm 5'10 and the seat seems a little low but that takes the pressure of the back of your thighs when seated but makes standing up slowly not the easiest. Generally I stand up, lift the seat and stand as close to the tree as possible when a deer comes in just for more room on the platform. It isn't necessary because it has plenty of room but makes for a more comfortable shot in my opinion.

Comment

thanks for the input guys...

i see the seat on the M25 is only 1 inch shorter in depth as the M100. 20x16 will be wonderful compared to the tiny seat i used last year.

Comment

Originally posted by dbenn454 View Post
                  I bought the m-25 for the price point as well. Definitely the most comfortable hang on that I have. It came put together in the box except for the piece that digs into the tree unlike all other hang ons that I have bought. I've only had it a year and I took it down at the end of the year but it is very sturdy and no noise when standing or shifting your weight. I'm 5'10 and the seat seems a little low but that takes the pressure of the back of your thighs when seated but makes standing up slowly not the easiest. Generally I stand up, lift the seat and stand as close to the tree as possible when a deer comes in just for more room on the platform. It isn't necessary because it has plenty of room but makes for a more comfortable shot in my opinion.
                  thanks, i was hoping an M25 owner would join the discussion.

appreciate the info. i have read from others that the downward sloping seats (in the back) on millennium stands does make standing a little extra work. typically iu am standing during dusk and sunset anyway.

thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                    thanks, i was hoping an M25 owner would join the discussion.

appreciate the info. i have read from others that the downward sloping seats (in the back) on millennium stands does make standing a little extra work. typically iu am standing during dusk and sunset anyway.

thanks again.
                    Same here. It's worth it with out a doubt, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I do my best to spot the deer well before they come in and I need to stand but regardless I don't think it would be a real problem if one came in quick while I was seated.

Comment

Same here. It's worth it with out a doubt, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I do my best to spot the deer well before they come in and I need to stand but regardless I don't think it would be a real problem if one came in quick while I was seated.
                      do you use climbing sticks? screw in step?

i got the muddy outfitters which are not the aerolites or pro so they weigh 4 lbs per stick and i got 4.

however, it will be the rare situation (like hagerman) where i would have to tote them with man power...

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                        do you use climbing sticks? screw in step?

i got the muddy outfitters which are not the aerolites or pro so they weigh 4 lbs per stick and i got 4.

however, it will be the rare situation (like hagerman) where i would have to tote them with man power...
                        I use screw in steps. Private property and no worries about it getting stolen so I can't really help you there

Comment

I use screw in steps. Private property and no worries about it getting stolen so I can't really help you there
                          i also use screw in steps on my property also.

thanks for you info

Comment

well i have no trees at my house that fit the bill, so this is the best i could do for now.

i got to sit in the seat. very comfortable. just what i was looking for. i can now sit in a tree without a pain in my backside

i will be setting this up in cass county over labor day weekend. more pics and a more informed opinion coming after that weekends setup...

so far, i am pleased with my $200 stand/sticks purchase...

Comment

btw, on the subject of the hind sight, tonight i got some time to adjust it well enough to remove the peep from my string.

i am still hitting the target with the peep gone, woohoo !!!

a little more fine adjusting and i will be there.

it's kinda making me want a single pin sight now. a spot hogg fast eddie with 2 dotted single pin is gonna go on my wish list

Comment

Working...
                              X