Antler shedding time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antler shedding time?

When do bucks shed their antlers in Mason county?

Most of ours lost theirs 2 weeks ago in Southeastern Mason County. They start usually early March and end before the end of March.

Comment

I've been shed hunting in mid March in Mason County and found several of them

Comment

Keep the info coming. Struggling with a rancher rule concerning this time frame.

Comment

Curious of this “rancher rule”?

Comment

Next to you in Llano County they started in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turkey hunting in Wilson Co this morning-saw a buck w both intact and 1 that had shed both

Comment

Saw about 20 bucks and does at night last week in the Sam none had antlers.

Comment

Rancher does not want bucks shot after December. He says the Bucks loose their horns in January. He wants only does shot in Jan and Feb but make sure u don't shoot a buck without horns for a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtree1 View Post
                    Rancher does not want bucks shot after December. He says the Bucks loose their horns in January. He wants only does shot in Jan and Feb but make sure u don't shoot a buck without horns for a doe.
                    Good luck changing his mind.

Comment

Maybe he should change his mind to not allow any antlerless deer be taken after January, so there will be no mistaken.

Comment

Then we would have to take 75 in 3 months , don't leave much time to buck hunt

Comment

Then we would have to take 75 in 3 months , don't leave much time to buck hunt

You would have all season to hunt antlered deer. Just cannot take any antlerless deer after December 31.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                            You would have all season to hunt antlered deer. Just cannot take any antlerless deer after December 31.

That makes more sense than what the landowner is doing now

Comment

Final rules: can hunt bucks and does thru January . Does only February. Signed lease for 2 years

Comment

Working...
                              X