Texas Gun Law Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locolonghorn View Post
    Don't ever answer that you thought your dog was in danger, it was you or another person that you thought was in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
      The exact opposite of what you should have done my friend. Why not try to calm him down instead of firing him up more?

Somebody flipping you off in traffic is far from a legitimate threat. De-escalate, ignore, and go about your day.
      With witness testimony a jury might conclude that the threat was instigated.. which changes the landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
        You’re not going to jail if you shoot someone legally. You’ll go to a grand jury but unless there’s probable cause that you broke the law, why would they take you to jail?
        Maybe for questioning?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The correct answer is no, you cannot. I can't even use deadly force to protect my K9 partner.
          If some **** pulls a gun or a knife and puts you or bystanders at risk as well as your dog, rid the planet of the POS.

Comment

J Sweet- I will tell you guys that are larger that it does make a difference. If you are significantly larger than the general public and athletic you have different rules. I am 6’04” and 250. I too am judged by my size not legal actions. It ain’t right I know but it’s true

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              J Sweet- I will tell you guys that are larger that it does make a difference. If you are significantly larger than the general public and athletic you have different rules. I am 6’04” and 250. I too am judged by my size not legal actions. It ain’t right I know but it’s true

Yup. Size of suspect/size of officer. Written all over the walls at FLETC. Was originally intended to go the other way. Liberals changed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have to ask, don't shoot.

Comment

An attorney’s advice would be 10000000 times more valuable than law enforcement.

Comment

Check with Texas Law Sheald they will know and that’s who I use.

Comment

You should have just smoked him and went to Dairy Queen for a mini blizzard.

Comment

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
                        (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
                        (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
                        (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
                        (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
                        (3) he reasonably believes that:
                        (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
                        (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

This is what I "live" by as an ex-LEO, but it does not answer your OP. Still remember my initial LEO training where the instructor stated.....well, some of you may remember when defending yourself, home, family or others in the line of duty...NEVER shoot to wound but remove the threat which means...DRT.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          If he puts his hands inside my vehicle as I understand it its the same as him sticking his hands through a house window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That is absolutely...... incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                            That is the use of Deadly Force. The threat of deadly force to make someone do something is the use of deadly force.
                            That is absolutely....... incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              A lawyer would be a much better person to ask specifics of laws than LEOs

"But my cop buddy said its OK" doesn't hold up in court...
                              Neither does.... But my lawyer buddy said it’s OK.

Lawyers have no magical understanding of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                That is absolutely....... incorrect.
                                It was an ADA that gave me this. Seeing as this is one of the guys that is usually making charging decisions I will keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X