No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the APH permit separate from the $68 Super Combo permit I brought last week?

Comment

Thanks. Scratch me from applying at Granger for $48.

Just shaking my head. And I love Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post

It adds a lot of opportunities for hunting other then just the e postcard hunts though. For me it has always been well worth the $48 even when I don't get any draws.

Comment

Its working

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
            It adds a lot of opportunities for hunting other then just the e postcard hunts though. For me it has always been well worth the $48 even when I don't get any draws.
            How has it worked for you if this is the 1st year it is implemented??

Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Its working
              I'm curious to see how this affects the postcard hunts when we see the statistics next year.

Comment

How has it worked for you if this is the 1st year it is implemented??

Just wondering
                The APH (type II) permit gives you access to over a million acres for other stuff, no drawing required. It's been around a long time. This is only the first year they've required the permit for postcard draws.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  The APH (type II) permit gives you access to over a million acres for other stuff, no drawing required. It's been around a long time. This is only the first year they've required the permit for postcard draws.
                  ^^^^^^^^^

The only thing that is new this year is the requirement to purchase the APH prior to applying for postcard hunts. In the past you were able to apply without it but then they would have several people show up every year without the APH permit which makes then unable to hunt the property.

Comment

I am assuming we have to wait until Tuesday to get these draws done due to the holiday weekend.

Comment

I am assuming we have to wait until Tuesday to get these draws done due to the holiday weekend.
                      With the computer system probably not. I got notified of selection on a turkey hunt a couple of years back on New Year's weekend at 4AM in the morning.

Comment

You have to have the $48 APH to hunt anything at Granger anyway, even pigs...

Comment

Last year they posted the September 1 draws on Saturday the 2nd.

Comment

Good luck for the next draw. Maybe today. I'm hoping to keep my hot streak going after being blessed to get LANWR and Government Canyon.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was curious about the same thing. Hopefully we will know today. As of 10:08am today...no emails and status still says “application received.”

Comment

I'm not sure why the 9/1 deadline draws haven't happened, last year they did it over the holiday weekend, the 2nd draws last week ran on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X