Screw high price hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I live closer to Sam Rayburn than most of you on here could y'all city slickers please fish lake Houston or Livingston thanks
    Bet I live closer...

Comment

It’s all millennials fault!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        I live closer to Sam Rayburn than most of you on here could y'all city slickers please fish lake Houston or Livingston thanks
        First time for everything. Never thought I would hear anyone brag about living in Shepherd.

Comment

The access you get for the price of a lease compared to the cost of buying and owning land makes leasing the best bargain out there in my opinion. You can pay a couple thousand bucks and get year round access to land that would cost you 20x that to own.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            The access you get for the price of a lease compared to the cost of buying and owning land makes leasing the best bargain out there in my opinion. You can pay a couple thousand bucks and get year round access to land that would cost you 20x that to own.
            at least I would OWN it and not have to worry about crossing all the T's and dotting the I's of a rancher's every demand. I've never leased, saved my money over the years, still killed deer, and now have my own land.

Comment

I havn't noticed your place for sale yet...

You chose to do all that expensive stuff, don't forget. And at the end of the deal, you'll own it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                I hunt free all over the place. And get to shoot some trophies as well. It's all about who you know.

Can I come huntin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of you city slickers need to loosen up your panties. Seems some of them are getting bunched up

Comment

I think I'd rather fish and golf than pay $1500 for 65 acres in East Texas.

Comment

That's why I got out of the lease game and bought my own when I could. It's still expensive, smaller than what I'm used to, time consuming and hard work but at the end of the day it's mine. I don't have to worry about guest rules, who's hunting where and pleasing anyone but myself.
                      Last edited by JonBoy; 08-23-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

By golly, it just aint wright!

Comment

150x

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            That is not the real issue. As the # of hunters is decreasing.

Well I have seen way too many city slicks.....pay $500-750 for a night of hog hunting
                            It's still the real issue. A population explosion creates demand for land. Much of that land that used to be available for hunting is now being developed or put to other use. Furthermore, many more people wanting land but not many that can afford huge tracts is causing large tracts to get cut up into personal use tracts that people don't tend to allow others to hunt.

Furthermore, the number of hunters in Texas isn't going down. It's more than doubled. The % of the population that hunts is declining, but the actual number of hunters is rising due to the explosive population growth.
                            Last edited by BitBackShot; 08-23-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

There are folks from out of state leasing property in Texas to hunt on.
                              That also shrinks the amount of available property available.

Comment

I switched to bass fishing for alot of the year, the public freshwater lakes are plentiful in this state and its much lower cost than hunting.
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 08-23-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X