X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a Nikon D40?

Pros?
    Cons?

looked hard at it and when compared to the D60 the 60 is worth another $100. Been playing with it for a few hours and it rocks. Make sure and get the VR lense.

Comment

Why the VR lenses?

Comment

VR=Vibration Reduction
        I guess it depends on what you're shooting to determine if you need it. Sports you would benefit from it but not sure if it's for family, holiday type shots. I would look into the D60 instead of a 40. Especially since prices are lower. Good luck!

Comment

vibration reduction

we were testing it last night and it seems to work well.

Comment

I am looking at both, but this will be my first DSLR camera so I don't want to get a camera that will not get used to the full potential.

I will make sure the get a VR lense. I plan on using this camera for hunting pictures as well as my kids sporting events.

Comment

I have the D40 and I think it is a good starter camera. I like ours and we now take more pictures than we ever have. If you're looking to get started, I wouldn't hesitate buying this one to learn on.
              Jeff Young

Comment

I bought mine about a month ago. Doncom helped me alot with my purchase. You might get in touch with him.

Basically I bought a refurbished d40, mostly because I dont plan on keeping it long. Im learning with it then moving on to bigger and better things. From what we gathered you can use a d40 for a year or two and sell it for about $100 less than you paid for it. Pretty cheap for a years worth of education.

I bought the 18-200mm vr lens. Lens cost more than the camera did, but I can use that lens when I upgrade cameras.

I also was able to catch an 18-55vr and a 55-200 vr lens on ebay that came from a kit someone was trying to get rid of.

Im no kind of reader of Japanese technical writing so I bought a couple dvd's that are supposed to teach you how to get the most out of your camera. Sure enough I havent used mine on full auto yet after watching the movies.

I hope Ive helped you a little
                Randy

Comment

Originally posted by aggiebowhunter View Post
                  I bought mine about a month ago. Doncom helped me alot with my purchase. You might get in touch with him.

Basically I bought a refurbished d40, mostly because I dont plan on keeping it long. Im learning with it then moving on to bigger and better things. From what we gathered you can use a d40 for a year or two and sell it for about $100 less than you paid for it. Pretty cheap for a years worth of education.

I bought the 18-200mm vr lens. Lens cost more than the camera did, but I can use that lens when I upgrade cameras.

I also was able to catch an 18-55vr and a 55-200 vr lens on ebay that came from a kit someone was trying to get rid of.

Im no kind of reader of Japanese technical writing so I bought a couple dvd's that are supposed to teach you how to get the most out of your camera. Sure enough I havent used mine on full auto yet after watching the movies.

Randy

This does help as well as everybody else's post.

I will have to sell my Fuji S570

Comment

Randy

This does help as well as everybody else's post.

I will have to sell my Fuji S5700

Comment

Randy
                      Where and what is the DVD? I NEED one!

Comment

Check this one out for the D40.
                        He does not have a guide for the D60 though.

I bought the one for my D300 and he goes into a lot more detail than the manual does. You get a DVD.
                        Last edited by scotty; 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X