No announcement yet.

Fish Fry Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living in South La. I have tried just about every type of batter imaginable and I started doing this about 15-18 yr ago, I soak my fish in cold water, zip lock bag to a 102 qt ice chest I have fried as much as 100#, and plenty of Tony's seasoning. You can't hardly add too much. I let the fish soak anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days, the fish will only soak up so much seasoning. I've even froxe my fish with seasoned water and it still comes out the same when I thaw and fry it. I think the Tony's helps firm the fish a little, but the seasoning is in the fish, not so much in the batter.
    I drain the fish that I'm about to put in the fryer in a colander or some type screen, leaving the rest to stay cold and wet. Then I batter with Zaterains seasoned fish fry, I get it from Sam's by the gallon jug and fry ay 375 degree for about 4 min
    I have a commercial fryer, so I can set the temp on my oil, this makes for a crispy, thin batter and with the fish being cold, the middle doesn't dry out.
    I've had a lot of people ask me for my recipe, but it's really simple.

Comment

Louisiana fish fry is my favorite also

Comment

try some panko for the breading....awesome stuff. We usually mix a little in with whatever seasoning we use ads a little more crunch. Thin and crispy is the way I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          try some panko for the breading....awesome stuff. We usually mix a little in with whatever seasoning we use ads a little more crunch. Thin and crispy is the way I like it!
          Panko is excellent!

I like to let my fillers soak for about an hour or two in a mix of buttermilk, mustard, garlic powder and black pepper. Drain the fillers and coat in the zatarains lemon seasoned corn meal.

For the oil we use straight peanut oil. Fry up a bunch of fresh cut onions and jalapeños then fry the fish. Absolutely excellent!

We also fillet our fillets and make them thin and crispy!

Comment

I fillet mine all to a uniform size then I put in a mixture of mustard and beer. After they soak a bit I use Louisiana fish fry the blue pack and add some ragin blaze to the mix. Makes for a real good fried fish.

I learned the mustard and beer help in taking the fishy flavoring out.

Andrew

Comment

Try the uncle Bucks Fried Chicken spicy from Bass PRO mix a little flour in with it and comes out spicy and Crispy

Comment

Love this stuff

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool

Comment

blue bag Louisiana fish fry

Comment

Louisiana fish fry.....blue bag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Clean fillets of all fin fat and red meat.
                        Pre coat with mustard, coat with half Louisiana
                        blue bag and half medium ground corn meal. I like the crunch from the coarser meal.
                        Fry in peanut oil at 375 to 400 degrees. Monitor with thermometer.
                        Use a spatula to scrap the bottom of your vessel periodically to make sure nothing sticks and burns.
                        Always start with filtered used oil from the refrigerator to season new oil with.
                        Drain in paper grocery sacks with papers towels to allow steam to escape so fillets won't get soggy.

Comment

Good information

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Can't beat Louisiana Fish Fry.

This and the blue bag are is what I use and sometimes add my own cayenne and more garlic powder

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                              Try the uncle Bucks Fried Chicken spicy from Bass PRO mix a little flour in with it and comes out spicy and Crispy
                              X1000! I add flour and Panko.

Comment

Soak fish in Crystals Hot Sauce and fresh lemon juice. Batter with Zatarains Crispy Southern and fry. Sprinkle Best Stop seasoning on them after taking them out grease and top with sliced purple onions to steam. Ca Ces't Bon!

Comment

Working...
                                X