Hearing aids..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing aids..

Well.... I guess it has reached that time in my life. I find myself asking folks to repeat themselves and have the sorry what did you say coming up more and more often. I had an audiogram and yep I need a set.
    What are the best ones etc. I am not sure if insurance covers or not. Protect your hearing because once it is gone it is gone forever..

Thanks,
    Wilk

In for the kill!

ID like to know as well. See them priced $400 to $12,000 and they all look the same ????.

Comment

I know my insurance won't cover them an I need a pair.

Comment

I have oticon... This is my second pair and I love them so far... Especially this time of year in the woods... You can hear a mouse fart..!

Comment

They are all over the board. You need someone that is trained that can guide you.

They should be programed based upon your hearing test.

There is a guy on here and his family have a shop in Austin.

Sam's sells them of you want cheap hearing aids.

I paid like $4000 for my oticon's about 6 years ago and they considered old technology.. But not going to upgrade until I get used to wearing them.

Comment

i got mine at Sams Club. some of the Sams Club sell them in club. they have a tech in there and do free testing as well.
            I've had mine now for 4 yrs. great prices as well.

Comment

this also depends on what amount and type of loss you have. get some REAL tests done. My lose does not allow for the digital/programmable types. Bell Tone, ATT, Oticon...lots of them out there. Some insurance companies will pay some or all on them..mine wont.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

I am on my second pair of Oticon's, if you need them so that you can do your job Texas Department of Assistive Rehabilitative Services will help you to pay for them. They are known as DARS, this is how I was able to get both pair that I have. There should be an office in the largest city in every county.
                  Grits

Comment

Sam's Club huh? Might have to stop in and see what they offer.
                    My insurance does not cover them

Comment

Use NRA hearing benefits. Call Debbie Miller, Your Hearing Care Advisor,
                      (877) 256-5209. She's great and you get a good discount through the NRA. I went to NewSound to get tested and got the hearing aids there. They were great in determining what was best for me. Good luck

Comment

A freind of ours got a good pair at Bass Pro for her mom and she loves them. Cost 500. The cost is keeping me from getting them.

Comment

Just got a pair of Oticon for $5000. Love them and insurance covered the cost.
                          You can also get an adapter that hooks to your TV and streams the audio to your hearing aids wirelessly.

Comment

ask about a test drive. the first place I went to priced me a set of Rezound for 4800.00 no demo period and a 25% restocking fee. A couple weeks later I get a 500.00 off coupon in the mail from them. Crooks in my book. Went to a place referred to by a friend and did a 2 week test drive on a couple different models they wanted me happy before any payment. Hearing Connect in Wichita Falls if anyone in North Texas needs them.

Comment

What did you say?

Comment

Working...
                              X