Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHParker View Post
    I found these laying 200 yards apart in the middle of the big field at H2 everybody............Go GET HIM HAHAHAHA!
    That's awesome!!!!

Comment

Did some more post season scouting on areas I left due to the heavy pressure. Glad I did, hardly any fresh signs anywhere except one yearling I came face to face with.

Comment

Was headed back to the boat ramp this evening. Saw two groups of turkey that came to water just before dark. One group busted and flew right at me over the water. If I had stopped the boat, I could have caught one out of the air. Or beat one down with my hand.

But I didn't.
        It's not turkey season yet.

Comment

Anyone been after the bluecat yet?

Comment

3 weeks ago caught some crappie and sandbass at paint rock, tried to get up to spring creek but water too low, I should have took my waders and walked up there. Read on fishing they did pretty good saturday wade fishing. Any reports from the Nolan?

Comment

If we don't get some, I mean a lot, of rain, there won't be a spring run for sandies. They will let their eggs go in still water. Sandies need moving water to help keep bacteria and microbes from growing on the eggs and attacking the embryo. Survival rates go way down when they have to drop their eggs in the lake or still water.

Nearly all the lakes in Texas are low or below normal, with exception to the Red River valley lakes.

Comment

I havent hit the water yet , i still have to fix the nav lights so a few mor weeks then i will try.

Comment

Should be getting rain this weekend, 80% chance all day Saturday, @30% Sunday. Need about 5 ft.

Comment

Will be interested to see how the fish react. This will be my first spring down there where I have had enough time to really pay attention. We darn sure could use a week of long steady rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                      Will be interested to see how the fish react. This will be my first spring down there where I have had enough time to really pay attention. We darn sure could use a week of long steady rain.
                      I agree we need some rain. I haven't been out there in a while but I'm thinking about going out this afternoon and tomorrow to check things out and do a little shed hunting. Let me know if you want to tag along.
                      Last edited by cstrey18; 02-15-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                        I agree we need some rain. I haven't been out there in a while but I'm thinking about going out this afternoon and tomorrow to check things out. Let me know if you want to join
                        I should be good for tomorrow, probably not getting back down there until after dark today. Will send you a text in a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                          This just might happen most of next week. Lets all hope so!

Comment

Guess where im at today getting ready for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              Guess where im at today getting ready for next year.
                              I'm a guessing home doing laundry?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                I'm a guessing home doing laundry?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                                Your right TG just getting a head start on next year, my youngest starts hunting when the new season opens.

Comment

Working...
                                X