No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really disappointed with the Cowboys pass rush - overall the offense looked great (minus Terrence Williams) - that was some hit Beasley took was surprised to see him and Dez back on the field so quickly (that Dez knee thing looked worse than it was I guess)

I may be in the minority here and while I think Dak looks incredibly impressive for a rookie he is still missing some routine passes here and there and overall I truly believe we will be in a better position when Romo comes back - hopefully he can stay healthy once he does but if not it's nice to know that we have a promising young backup that can win football games behind him

Comment

Yeah I don't think anybody thinks we have a defense to do a lot.... But at least after Romo went down the season isn't a total loss so far. I also like the fact that when a defensive guy comes free, it's not an automatic fall down to prevent injury. Daks mobility and size is going to extend some drives we normally would end up punting on that fact alone.

I'm just hoping that Dlaw can add a few sacks or pressures when he returns and maybe the D will gel some and get a few levels better. They have done enough to get wins. Let's hope they keep doing so.

Comment

Yep was really impressed again. I keep looking for Dak to make a mistake or a poor throw but he never gets flustered. I still think they can make some noise this yr and at least make it to the playoffs baring any more major injuries.

The thing I'm most excited about is that we are no longer in the "Romo" window. We can now live for the now while he is still here and we are also set for the next 3-4 yrs with a young Oline, running back and quaterback. If we can add 2 good defensive players to our front 7 next yr we could be really good for the next 3-4 yrs.

Comment

When Romo is healthy he will be the starter. He may only last a game before he's hurt again, but he'll be the starter when he's cleared to play.

Comment

Nice win yesterday, glad to see it.

Comment

I think we are going to be just fine! We should be 3-0 right now as we beat New York up and down the field all night. Take away a couple of their big plays and let us punch In one of those 4 field goals and it's a big win. We have to get better up front defensively! Our secondary has done a decent job with zero help up front. I'm excited about this year and the future!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jason Garrett's most recent insight (about Dez last night)

"He was out for a little bit but then he was able to come back"

I would rather have any other coach in the NFL.

Comment

I must be crazy, but I don't see how there is any advantage to putting Romo back in when he is healthy enough to return. It's obvious he is no longer the future.

Comment

Originally posted by McElroyBowHunt View Post
                    I must be crazy, but I don't see how there is any advantage to putting Romo back in when he is healthy enough to return. It's obvious he is no longer the future.
                    I think the advantage gets less and less every week he doesn't play, but the idea is that his experience gives him better play calling (him calling not the coach) on the field, and the idea is that he is still better than Dak. I'm kind of iffy because I believe Dak's ability to use his legs and takes hit make him a better option. If we see Romo play again this season, I bet he gets hurt again. I like Romo, but I've had several sports related injuries (back, knee, shoulder). You are just never the same mentally and physcially.. Movement, taking hits, etc... especially with back.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                      Jason Garrett's most recent insight (about Dez last night)

"He was out for a little bit but then he was able to come back"

I would rather have any other coach in the NFL.

Jeff Fisher? Chip Kelly? Mike McCoy? Gus Bradley? Mike malarkey? Get the bleep outta here..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Jeff Fisher? Chip Kelly? Mike McCoy? Gus Bradley? Mike malarkey? Get the bleep outta here..
                        Or we can always go back to Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, or Wade Phillips. Garrett is not the greatest coach and there's things I wish he would do different like not take the foot of the gas. But it could be much worse, and has been.

Comment

Wade Phillips says hey from Denver......with a SB ring on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Wade Phillips says hey from Denver......with a SB ring on.
                            I must be mistaken, thought Kubiak was head coach. Phillips is genius as def coordinator though.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                              I must be mistaken, thought Kubiak was head coach. Phillips is genius as def coordinator though.
                              You aren't mistaken at all. Fact is, because of Jerry Jones, there hasn't been an effective coach in Dallas since Jimmy. And when Jerry started stepping on Jimmy's toes, he left. Dallas has had some good coaches, it's just they weren't left alone. Parcells comes to mind.

Garrett is Jerry's yes man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                You aren't mistaken at all. Fact is, because of Jerry Jones, there hasn't been an effective coach in Dallas since Jimmy. And when Jerry started stepping on Jimmy's toes, he left. Dallas has had some good coaches, it's just they weren't left alone. Parcells comes to mind.

Garrett is Jerry's yes man.
                                I like Garrett.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X