• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is them actually testing the arrows KE light to heavy arrows
    Rockets, Missiles, Arrows, and Bowhunting
    https://youtu.be/fQUdywlHVEk

Comment

I watched the video.. I paused it on their data sheet. Something that I don't see taken into account Is bow set up. At 29.5 inch draw shooting 75 lbs my 400 grain arrow has the same Kinetic energy at 10 and 60 yards as their mid weight arrow.. not to mention it's still going 290 ft a sec at 60 if I drop it 20 fps like their light arrow.. I didn't see their calculations for momentum on their sheet. I've shot hogs with 400 gr to 700 gr. You can only kill them so dead.. I think people need to concentrate on tuning their bows , making a good shot, and shooting a broadhead that is made for the job.. stop shooting 2 inch cut mechanicals out of 60 lb 26 inch draw bows..

Comment

That last sentence I think is the crowd that benefits the most from a cut on contact broadhead and heavy arrow. Shorter draw lengths I think benefit the most from going heavier with their set up. Not that everyone couldn't benefit but there is a tradeoff. From looking at the data 700 gr plus seemed to be the way to go. However, for whitetail hunting that 470 gr arrow looked to perform **** well on KE at 60 yds.

Comment

Working...
        X