Photo Contest #94 ENTRY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Contest #94 ENTRY Thread

Here is the photo contest ENTRY thread for the month of MAY.

The topic is: New born/yearling wildlife

Check the rules in the Photography Forum if you are unsure. Picture has to be taken this month.

Lets see em

Ttt

Comment

East Texas Fawn
      Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]497354[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Just two entries?

Comment

"Furrow Calf"

exif: 1/1000, Æ’/2.8, ISO 400, 200 mm

Lazy B Ranch-8157.jpg by rbrownacme, on Flickr

Comment

Any more?

Comment

I will throw one in for the spirit of competing when I get home tonight.

Comment

I know he isn't grown but I don't know how young he actually is but he was small and only a couple of inches total. I caught this little guy eating ants and the way he was doing it you would think he just learned how. It was actually funny to watch.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I will post one tomorow

Comment

Clasping coneflower bud...I believe the intro thread said anything green in nature. I can appreciate wanting more of us to participate for the fun of the contest...

flower bud... by seventytwoacres, on Flickr

Comment

Green Eggs and Ham:

canon EOS T2I 18-45mm EFS lens at 45mm F5 1:60
                          Last edited by JP Dorris; 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM. Reason: adding details

Comment

This is not a photo of mine but it is a newborn and a cool pic my son ran across and I thought I would share.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370054319.366475.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	24206275

Comment

Thanks for participating everybody, great pictures. They all look awesome and tell their own story.

bassdk, This is a neat picture of a fawn, in my mind she is a for based on body shape (high back end, but just a guess). Seeing this picture with one ear cocked back and the other forward is awesome because it shows how she is in tune with whys going on all around her. I imagine her being a smart doe who will bust hunter's with her 6th sense for years to come.

Mjjust- I really like your fawn photo as well, it shows the innocence of a young deer. It makes me think of how God developed these animals to have no scent as a newborn and be camouflaged so well, so easily. Great pic
                              The second picture you put up is one I've seen going around as well, I love this picture. It shows so much: God is shown in the cross first and formost. The tombstone shows the commitment men and woman have given for us, thank you to our Soldiers, the flag how's our freedom, something not to be taken for granted ever. And the newborn fawn shows all of our favorite passion, wildlife, hunting and the outdoors.

Robby Brown, your picture 'Furrow Calf' gives me all sorts of thoughts. It shows the dryness we are having in so much of Texas. It makes me think of big cattle ranches from back in the western days. I like the contrast of the black cow with the white spot on the red dirt, great photo.

Bus's Darlin, that is a very cool picture of the flower, im not sure if this flower type does this, but I'm imagining a full field of these slowly closing as the sunsets. Awesome picture

JP Dorris, that is one of the coolest bird eggs I have ever seen! The coloring on it is awesome, with the brown specks it almost looks like a solid polished rock. I wonder what bird it is? Great shot

And the winner..

iamtxhunter- This photo was my favorite. I'm picture him jumping around, nose diving into the dirt trying to grab those ants. Unfortunately, with all the hours I have spent outside, I have never seen a Horny Toad and in a way I sort of admire them. I love catching animals, something I did as a kid was catch lizards and frogs by the dozens as a kid, brings back great memories. The Horny Toad is on the top of my list of reptiles to find and watch. Such a great photo!

Thanks all for the contributions, they were great shots. I may have chosen a month to late for the big opportunity to get some newborn/wildlife shots, but y'all did great.

iamtxhunter, congrats and you get to choose the June photo contest theme

Comment

Working...
                              X