Gonna miss my drawn hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna miss my drawn hunt

Me and my brother were drawn for the archery hunt at Granger. The hunt is scheduled for week after next. The 12th through 16th. Well I was just offered a new job last week and my drug screening and physical is scheduled for no other than the 12th. Just my luck... Giving yall a heads up there will be at least 2 stand by positions open for that hunt date. Good luck and kill a biggun!

Can someone go in your place? Not familiar with how that works...

Comment

I wish it worked like that but no. They just get turned into standby positions

Comment

Can't you ask to change the screening date? It's not your start date after all...
        Congrats on the new job tho!

Comment

I guess I could ask to change the screening date but I really rather not. This new job is a huge step up for me. First off it gets me out of attics installing air conditioners in the summer and secondly my pay rate is going to almost double as well as full benefits. I think I will just be there when they tell me to be there. Thanks for the congrats Cuz.

Comment

Call the WMA and see if they will let you show up a day late.

Comment

Originally posted by Log View Post
              Call the WMA and see if they will let you show up a day late.
              Id call the office and talk to Trey. U dont wanna miss whats out there and what ive been seeing the last 2 weeks. If u put ur money down I would think it could be possible for him to hold ur spot but still draw ur unit for u. Good luck.

Comment

You can show up a day late if you paid your money. You will have to take the orientation before you can get in the woods. Just call them and let them know when you will be there.

Comment

Working...
                X