Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how old were you when you stayed alone in the blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how old were you when you stayed alone in the blind?

my son on saturday suprised us we were on our way to the ranch and he said im 8 years old now and i want to stay by myself in the blind at first i thaught ok he will get over it when we get thier. well he didnt my buddy asked if was goin to leave a gun with him and i said no way he is going to take pictures and video well he did. for fourty five mins i think i was more nervous than my son just thinking what was going threw his little brain well he did great of course i was 150 yds away looking at his blind but i was nervous he would not be abel to stay put he did great.
    Last edited by no bait; 11-15-2010, 02:23 PM.

48, but I'm a big sissy!

Comment

12 I think

Comment

25. actually i started duck hunting by myself when i was 12.

Comment

I was 7 when I was left out in a brush blind with a single shot .410 w/ slug. In retrospect I think my Dad and his buddies lacked judgement occasionally.

Comment

Didn't start hunting until I was 35.

Comment

around 12 years old with my 30-30 I bought from mowing lawns.

Comment

30, I just started hunting alone.

Comment

9 and killed my first buck that morning.

Comment

Comment

I was 12 years old when I was left in a stand to hunt by myself...

Comment

I was also 12. Pretty good age to let the kids have some freedom and make decisions on their own. I know I felt like I was treated like a grown up at deer camp when I got to hunt alone for the first time.

Comment

Killed my first buck at 23 on Thanksgiving morning of the first year I started hunting.

Comment

I was 8 with a little chipmunk .22, but my dad was about 30 yards away and kept an eye on me.

Comment

Wow, 12 must be the magic number. I think that's about when I started hunting alone. Shot a buck that first day too!! I remember it like it was yesterday. On a lease just south of Vancourt, TX!!

Comment

Working...
                              X