Ruidosa horse race question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruidosa horse race question?

For you folks that go there from time to time. What is a good weekend to go in September to enjoy some good races?

I'll be there in 2 weeks Mark. Never been in September. Great trip to beat the heat and humidity of July!

Comment

Bet on the one that takes a massive dump on the way to the gates

Comment

Races are over Labor Day weekend I believe.

Was up there last weekend and was packed. Avoid the 4th if you ever go in July.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          This is exactly what I've always been told!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            I'll be there in 2 weeks Mark. Never been in September. Great trip to beat the heat and humidity of July!
            Good motel to stay in with a swimming pool for the grand kids?

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              We always find a house to rent so we can cook. I have see some with pools I believe. Didn't think of it but the races due stop on Labor day weekend like mentioned.

Comment

Don’t know of a pool at a hotel besides the Inn, but better make sure it is a heated pool or indoors at least. Nights get real cool in September and water will be COLD.

Couple of new zip lines are popular.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Prolly not exactly the way that Jimmie The Greek picked em

But, i'll take my binos and watch real close

Truth , last time there I watched a handler walk from the paddock area after the horses left to go on the track. He walked across the track and under the stands. Next race same thing. Next race same thing. I followed him to a window, listened to his bet. I bet the same way. The next 5 races We did the same routine. Won $320 bucks. He stopped showing up and I started losing again!

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                    Races are over Labor Day weekend I believe.

Was up there last weekend and was packed. Avoid the 4th if you ever go in July.
                    We were there 5 years ago on the 4th. Watched the fireworks over the lake at the Inn of the Mountain Gods. It was amazing. Only took 3 hours to get out of the parking garage

Comment

For you folks that go there from time to time. What is a good weekend to go in September to enjoy some good races?
                      The all American is labor day and signals the end of the season for the downs. You can para mutual wager year around though.

Ruidoso with an O is packed that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X