used car buying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used car buying question

Were looking at getting a used car here real soon. My question is how much can we expect or try to haggle down on the sticker price? Specifically on a Mazda 6, and just a couple years old.

go to cargurus.com to find what your looking for.

Comment

look up the trade in value of the car on a site like KBB or NADA. Make sure to include all the features. That should be close to what they paid for it. Start the offer at about $1000 over that number ( they gotta cover overhead, marketing, sales commission, etc..) and see where it goes. I personally wouldn't pay more than $2500 over trade in unless it was super clean and rare.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        look up the trade in value of the car on a site like KBB or NADA. Make sure to include all the features. That should be close to what they paid for it. Start the offer at about $1000 over that number ( they gotta cover overhead, marketing, sales commission, etc..) and see where it goes. I personally wouldn't pay more than $2500 over trade in unless it was super clean and rare.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends on your location some places where dealers sell all the time they wont move. Time of the month is important too, go towards the end of the month dealers are typically more eager to sell at the end of the month. Try to find a "problem" with the car you are trying to buy. If you can convince a salesperson your not that interested they would be more willing to lower a price to make the sale. Lastly it depends on how good of a horse trader you are haha

Comment

Used car prices will be lower this time of year. With holidays etc coming up. Will increase after first of year due to tax refund season. Now is your best time frame for a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              I would do this but start at or below what KBB or NADA said trade in is. you can always go up (screw their overhead tell them they can make it up on the next guy)

Comment

If I can get the price on what the dealer would pay at an auction for the car(I have a friend), how much more should I offer on that? $1,000? I can also find out what the retail price is.

Comment

Get your friend to take you to the auction, that is cheap way to get nice car. Can I tag along haha Im looking at trucks and its a headache.

Comment

used car

you can also make a big mistake at the auction with all the cars that were involved in recent floods best option find the car that really catches your eye ask for the Carfax see if has been serviced regularly when it comes to the price see what loan value is ( what any bank will take a risk on that particular car ) is a starting point also ask what has been done to the car in service other than the normal oil change and detail to put it up for sale that is about $1200 on average good luck. let me know if I can be of any help sales and service manager at Spikes Ford Mission Tx. you can pm me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                    X