Spending the night in a blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You just need a good wind and the proper blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What’s the perfect amount of beer for an overnight stay in a stand? Or do you go after the perfect amount at camp?
    Oh and I am not sure that counts.. I have slept in a lot worse. Nice digs and I enjoyed the build.

Comment

So are you sleeping at 9PM or can you hang out, drink some stuff, eat some dinner......

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        What’s the perfect amount of beer for an overnight stay in a stand? Or do you go after the perfect amount at camp?
        Oh and I am not sure that counts.. I have slept in a lot worse. Nice digs and I enjoyed the build.

I've gone after camp festivities, and when there's no one else at camp I've packed food and drinks with me. It's easier to carry enough whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would do it if I had something o wanted to kill that bad... as of right now, I see no need. The one I want this year is there during daylight.

Comment

Good luck. I ain't that mad at them. If I had a nice comfortable taco stand I might think different.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
              Good luck. I ain't that mad at them. If I had a nice comfortable taco stand I might think different.
              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Unintentionally slept in mine many times. Family thought I was staying out late hog hunting or dead. Especially since I wasn't responding to texts.

Will say waking up at 3am still in the ladder stand takes a few min to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Most of the time it was on a Sunday afternoon hunt after getting little sleep and a lot of whiskey on Friday and Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                  I've been in my bow blind several times at 3:30a and took a little nap till my alarm vibrated in my pocket. Hell I'd bet more than a few people sleep in their blind after daylight but wont admit to it.........
                  I admit best sleep I get in in the stand.

The vibrating pocket has scared me more than once. I've had a few rattlers in my box stand so when I'm in there at 330am I'm usually thinking of them. Doze off pocket buzzes, dang near shat myself

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                    To be 100% honest I’m not sure. His daddy’s name is Matt.
                    That's him. I know Peyton and his grandfather Danny. I've met Matt before but don't really know him. I run in to them at sporting clays shoots everywhere. I remember when he shot that buck. Most will go a lifetime without getting one like that.

Dave

Comment

Only for a 271" buck.

Comment

How nice is your deer stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                          How nice is your deer stand?
                          6x8 plenty comfy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Only one way to really ever know...

Comment

I agree. I've always hunted harder than most. I am the only one of my buddies that will sit a water hole at mid day if I think there is a good deer opportunity. 25 years of bowhunting have been rewarding for me. I don't plan on slowing down now.
                              Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                              Only one way to really ever know...
                              Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't done it... but I am not afraid to. My accommodations at my lease are an 8x8 cabin... so a wooden box blind that has at least an 6' wall wouldn't be that big of a deal. In fact, I have had plans on building a box blind that has a bench along the back wall that I could sleep on. I wouldn't want a cot, or be on the floor... would want something I could just sit up and be ready to shoot without making any noise.

I really like that trailer idea so if I wanted to move it...

Comment

Working...
                                X