Borrowed the ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borrowed the ideas

My PVC bow rack and Target stand. Still have to hang the horse mat for the back stop. Used the ideas of others thanks I hope you don't mind.
    Attached Files

Those came out great

I've been wanting to copy those ideas as well

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Looks great, but I have a couple of suggestion. If that is somebody else's back yard on the other side of the fence I would move the targets as low as possible and I'd hang a big rubber mat (from Tractor supply) behind them. I'm not familiar with horse mats, but I know the rubber mats stop arrows. An arrow will blow right through a cedar plank and could seriously hurt someone on the other side.

Comment

THIS!!

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          Looks great, but I have a couple of suggestion. If that is somebody else's back yard on the other side of the fence I would move the targets as low as possible and I'd hang a big rubber mat (from Tractor supply) behind them. I'm not familiar with horse mats, but I know the rubber mats stop arrows. An arrow will blow right through a cedar plank and could seriously hurt someone on the other side.

Comment

You may also need to check for local ordinances prohibiting discharge of a weapon, I've heard some locales frown on archery. Especially considering its visibility next to the neighbors fence.

Comment

That is a really neat idea.

Comment

Awesome build.. Reason why McKinney isn't allowed to shoot bows in backyard anymore.
                Safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  Horse mat is the rubber mat at tractor supply targets can be moved down depending on conditions neighbor is a really good friend and lastly there is no ordinances against shooting a bow. Thanks for the positive feed back. Now I need some time to use it.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Need to build a bow rack like that.

Comment

Looks nice.

Don't speed on the highway, use your turn signal, and cover your mouth when you sneeze

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          Horse mat is the rubber mat at tractor supply targets can be moved down depending on conditions neighbor WAS a really good friend UNTIL I SHOT HIM IN THE NECK WITH A FIELD POINT and lastly there is no ordinances against shooting a bow. Thanks for the positive feed back. Now I need some time to use it.
                          fify
                          Last edited by Cuz; 04-12-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I made my bow hanger out of one of that metal sheaperd hooks, used for hanging plants in the yard. I will have to take some pic's of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                              fify
                              LOL! Usually when I am shooting he is shooting too. I tease him all the time that if he gets to loud over there I can miss just as good as I can hit the target so pipe down.

Comment

Working...
                              X