It's just a doe but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a doe but...

It's my wife's first deer! We've passed on several deer this year waiting on a big boy to come out but on our last hunt she said enough is enough. I was spotting for her and nothing was moving this weekend until this little one walked out. The doe sat with her rear end out for about 15 minutes and when I notice shoulder was available I gave her the green light. Before I could finish my sentence - BANG! Then the "Amen's , Thank God, etc. etc. came out and she turned around with an ear to ear grin saying "I did it!"

All the signs of first deer/doe fever were there. I was going to video it bc it was so funny (I've been there too) but she said... "you better not! I don't want to end up on that GS thing"! LOL Touche!

It was great memory that I can add to our list of others. She even got her hands dirty with the skinning/cleaning and only groaned a couple of times. I'm really proud of her and wanted to share. Another bonus, it's our first year on the this lease and my buddy/co-lease manager's wife got her first deer as well!
    Last edited by TXBuck74; 08-22-2016, 11:19 AM.

Sweet!! Welcome to "Doe Killer's Anonymous" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      Sweet!! Welcome to "Doe Killer's Anonymous" :-)
      LOL thanks! Speed

She's hooked and already excited about next year.

Comment

Last time I checked a doe is good eating and any legal first deer is a trophy.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Some of those does are hard as heck to kill. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
              Last time I checked a doe is good eating and any legal first deer is a trophy.
              ^^^^^ this!!!! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to your wife on her first deer. You should be proud to have introduced another person to the wonders of the hunt. Well Done!!!!

I am 45 and been at it all my life and to me there is No such thing as "just a doe". For me if it ever gets to feel like "just another deer" it will be time to lay it down and move on.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to read them to her tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                    Congrats to your wife on her first deer. You should be proud to have introduced another person to the wonders of the hunt. Well Done!!!!

I am 45 and been at it all my life and to me there is No such thing as "just a doe". For me if it ever gets to feel like "just another deer" it will be time to lay it down and move on.
                    Good point and I agree 100%. I've been hunting for a long time and I still learning new things about hunting... and get excited about hunting bucks and does and turkey etc. etc. I don't think I'll ever lose that mentality as it is now just part of who I am.

Comment

Thats awesome, Congrats

Comment

Thanks LSU!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nicely done! Congrats to your wife

Comment

Congrats young lady... I love the smile and good job on keeping him inline in that stand...Next year he doesn't get to shoot a deer until you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X