New Camera on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Camera on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have my new Camera on the way! It's not the biggest and baddest in the world but it fits my budget and being that i'm a beginner I've decided to spend a little less on the camera so I can get the better lens. All the reviews were good and I like the larger screen better than the 20D I have right now. Plus the 10.1 MP should work out nicely!

Also bought a uv and skylight filter as well. Looking forward to snapping a few pics!

New Rebel EOS XTI. Fairly decent reviews and features. Great for my entry level status!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CANREBELXTIB.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	24729313

Name:	CANREBELXTIB_altBACK.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	24729314

UPS should be dropping mine off today... Tonight I will be worthless...

I went with Sony because it uses the Minolta lenses that I have already

Name:	camera-front-angled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	23836943

Comment

Little info about it!

The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi offers an unbeatable combination of performance, ease-of-use and value. It has a newly designed 10.1 MP Canon CMOS sensor plus a host of new features including a 2.5-inch LCD monitor, the exclusive EOS Integrated Cleaning System featuring a Self Cleaning Sensor and Canon's Picture Style technology, all in a lightweight, ergonomic body. The Digital Rebel XTi is proof positive that Canon continues to lead the way with their phenomenal digital SLRs.

Features

High performance digital SLR with 10.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor and DIGIC II Image processor.

Large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with new user interface and wide viewing angle. Fast 3 frames-per-second shooting with 27-frame burst and a 0.2 second startup time. High precision, wide area 9-point autofocus system.

Picture Style settings for a broad range of control over color, contrast and sharpening. Print/Share button featuring advanced camera direct capabilities for greater user control while direct printing.

EOS Integrated Cleaning System featuring a Self Cleaning Sensor Unit

Fully compatible with over 60 EF and EF-S Lenses and a wide range of EOS System accessories

Compact and Powerful.
      High performance digital SLR with 10.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor and DIGIC II Image processor.

10.1 Megapixel APS-C Size CMOS Sensor
      Canon's large-area CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers the most pixels in its class. This APS-C size sensor (22.2 x 14.8mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length. With an effective pixel resolution of 3,904 x 2,598, the EOS Digital Rebel XTi offers superb detail and clarity, even in large prints, and generates finished files that open at approximately 30MB in your image-editing software. On Canon's CMOS sensor, each pixel is captured with fine detail to create images of tremendous depth and resolution, ensuring enough information for even poster-sized prints.

10.1 Megapixel CMOS Sensor

DIGIC II Image Processor
      The EOS Digital Rebel XTi is the product of Canon's extensive in-house development: The DIGIC II Image Processor was designed specifically for Canon digital SLR cameras and enhances every aspect of image capture. Information captured by the CMOS sensor is processed and assembled into images of exceptional quality. With the DIGIC II Image Processor on board, photographers can expect natural color reproduction, precise white balance in any number of lighting situations and unparalleled clarity. The DIGIC II Image Processor employs sophisticated signal processing algorithms and works at greater speeds, all while consuming less energy.

Comment

The XTi is a serious machine regardless of it's being called a "entry level" camera. You'll like it.

Comment

Have had one myself since Christmas. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            Have my new Camera on the way! It's not the biggest and baddest in the world but it fits my budget and being that i'm a beginner I've decided to spend a little less on the camera so I can get the better lens. All the reviews were good and I like the larger screen better than the 20D I have right now. Plus the 10.1 MP should work out nicely!

Also bought a uv and skylight filter as well. Looking forward to snapping a few pics!

New Rebel EOS XTI. Fairly decent reviews and features. Great for my entry level status!
            [ATTACH]32916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]32917[/ATTACH]
            Hey those Rebels are great cameras. don't worry if it is not the biggest and the baddest because it's all about the lens.

Ultimately though, it will take good photos because of you.

Good luck!

Russell

Comment

Forgot to add that the Instructional DVD is well worth getting. Gets you up and running fast.

Comment

Congrats! It's a great camera and bigger and badder than most of the 35mm film cameras, pre-1990s...trust me! Nothing better than a PIXEL GENERATOR!!!!

Comment

I know what you mean!

PS should be dropping mine off today... Tonight I will be worthless...

I went with Sony because it uses the Minolta lenses that I have already

I already have a pretty good Canon lens. That's why I stuck with it as well. 70-200 IS I really really like this lens! It wasnt cheap by my standards but well worth every penny with a monopod!

Name:	ef70-200_28lisu_586x225.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	23836947

Comment

Just bought the same camera, and have been playing with it as well. I am trying to learn as much as I can. Good luck and I look forward to seeing some pics as well.

Comment

What is your plan for the 20D? That 20D is no slouch. I love mine.

Comment

I just bought one earlier tonite @circuit city. can't wait to use it also

Comment

What is your plan for the 20D? That 20D is no slouch. I love mine.
                          On loan from my mom till I bought mine. It's going back. I really didnt like it to be quite honest. Had very vew options compared to the newer ones and the screen is so tiny! But it did take good pictures.

Comment

I've been happy with my XTi, Travis. It's certainly kept me plenty busy trying to learn what all it can do. (I haven't yet, I'm sure.)

One thing that I see now that the XTi doesn't have that I wish I had though is live view. It would come in handy at times, but I get along just fine without it. After all, 35mm film cameras never had live view either. It would be nice though.

Is your 70-200 the f/4 or f/2.8? I have the non-IS f/4, and I like it a bunch. I will likely upgrade one of these days, but I can't decide if I'd go to the non-IS f/2.8 or the f/4 IS. I'm thinking I'd rather have the wider aperture f/2.8, but the IS would be nice too. I could always upgrade one more step up to get both with the f/2.8 IS, but that's a nice shotgun extra.

I'd be interested to hear which one you have and how you like it.

Comment

I have the f2.8 with IS. It is awesome x2!

Comment

Working...
                              X