Texas Police Games~Archery Division~June 16th & 17th, De Soto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Police Games~Archery Division~June 16th & 17th, De Soto

The Lone Star Bowhunters Association is again sponsoring the Archery Division of the Texas Police Games, which will be held in DeSoto, TX on June 16 and 17, 2011. If you are not a LEO or Firefighter, but would like to participate in the Games as a Guest, please contact Dena Kana at 409 739-2630 or denakana@gmail.com to be paired up with a Participant.

For more information visit: texaspolicegames.org

Texas Police Games

2011 Games

DeSoto, Texas, Wednesday June 15th through Sunday June 19th.
    Host hotel, MCM Grande Hotel Fundome
    1515 N. IH-35 East Desoto, TX 75115.
    website www.mcmgrandedesoto.com

General Information
    METHOD OF PAYMENT:
    Registration fees may be paid online with approved credit card. Competitors wishing to pay with cashiers check or money order will still need to print out the application after filling out the document online and must mail it to the Lubbock Office.

INDIVIDUAL FEES:
    Entry fee is $50.00 for first sport and $10.00 for additional sport. Keep in mind that many sports have several events-that don't require extra fees. For example, if you sign up to compete in the sport of golf and you want to participate in all events listed for golf, your cost is $50.00. If you also want to compete in the pentathlon, your total fee would be $60.00. ($50.00 for golf and $10.00 for the pentathlon). The online application will compute the fees when you are finished entering all the events

Late Fees:
    Late fees of $10.00 for individuals and $50.00 for teams will be assessed after the May 15th deadline. Applications processed online on May 15th, will not be assessed a late fee. Applications mailed with a May 15th, postmark will not be assessed a late fee. PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU SIGN UP ONLINE PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE OF MAY 15TH BUT DO NOT PAY YOUR FEES UNTIL AFTER MAY 15TH, YOU WILL BE ASSESSED A LATE FEE.

YOU MUST FILL OUT AN INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION FOR ANY SPORT EXCLUDING TEAM EVENTS!

ALL COMPETITORS, INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM, MUST PERSONALLY CHECK IN PRIOR TO COMPETITION AT THE HOLIDAY INN REGISTRATION CENTER, 3777 N. EXPRESSWAY, BROWNSVILLE.

WRIST BANDS: Bands may be worn on wrist or ankle. Bands that are lost or damaged may be replaced for a fee of $10.00. Individuals, requiring a replacement wrist band, must go through registration again for verification. Wrist bands that appear to have been cut off or removed purposely will not be eligible for replacement.

Archery Division

Open to all

The outdoor shoot will consist of a 900 and 3-D.
    Maximum of 12 inch stabilizer for pins and releases. No stabilizer restrictions on pins, adjustable scopes.

Coordinator:

Mike Layne
    972-979-9359
    mlayne@ci.desoto.tx.us

State Coordinator: TBA

Dwight Kinney
    325-691-0091
    dkinney@clearwire.net

Guiding Bodies: TPAF/NAA/NFAA

2200 Walton Walker, Dallas

Divisions: Open M/F
    Fire Fighter/Guest eligible

Dates/Times:

Indoor Thursday June 16th Time 9:00 am

Outdoor Friday June 17th Time 9:00 am

The National Archer Association (NAA), the National Field Archery Association (NFAA), and the TPAF are the guiding bodies for the Games. NAA and NFAA rules will apply in all cases with the exception of any local rules and the following TPAF rules.

TPAF RULES

Categories

Categories are for men and women, no age limits. Each category will have 3 classes of competition.

1. Pins & Releases (Aided) (12 inch or less stabilizer)

2. Releases, Scopes, & Adjustable Sights (No restriction on stabilizer)

3. Traditional

Events

Events will be the following for both men and women.

1. 3D targets

2. Field event

3. 300 inside range

3D

The archer has to guess the distance to the target as well as the location of the higher scoring ring on the target. Score is higher for the archer closest to the center score ring. Archers will keep their own score.

Field Event

A Field tournament is comprised of two ranges, a field and a hunter. Each range has 14 targets with 4 arrows shot at each target. The maximum value per target is 20 points. Each arrow has a max value of 5 points. Ex: 4 arrows x 5=20. 20 points x 28 targets = 560 total points per day. The field range has marked distances from 20 feet to 80 yards. All distances are divisible by the
    five (5). Ex: 20, 35, 60, 15. There is no particular order to the targets. The first target can be at 40 yards and the second can be at 15 (feet or yards) and so on. The maximum distance is 80 yards. The hunter range is also marked but the distances are not necessarily divisible by five (5). Ex: 32, 26, 44, 11 yards. The maximum distance on the hunter side is 70 yards. Each target is marked and indicates how the target is to be shot. There are four (4) different ways to shoot targets. Standard, Walkup, Fans and Birdies

Standard, competitors shoot all 4 arrows from the same spot.

Walk-ups, competitors shoot one arrow at each target. Ex: The 80 yard target is a walk- up. Competitors shoot one arrow at 80, 70, 60 and 50.

Fans are targets in which competitors shoot the same distance but fan out to different spot on the line to shoot each arrow.

target => O

shooting line=> - - - -

Birdies are targets competitors shoot from short distances. The birdies on the field side are also a walk-up and are shot at 35, 30, 25 and 20 feet. On the hunter side they are all shot at 11 yards. The birdies usually historically have a greater level of difficulty if the competitor has never shot them before.

-Indoor 300 Round

This is shot on an indoor range at 20 yards. There are 12 rounds or ends with 5 arrows being shot per round for a total of 60 arrows with a possible high score of 300. Each archer will shoot 5 arrows per round at either a spot or a 5
    spot target. Archers will keep their own score.

Ill be there

Bring'n a group from the PD and getting afew from the shop to come out! gonna be a big group this year I hope!

Comment

Where is the archery events going to be held, didn't see it if it was posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by target tease View Post
        Where is the archery events going to be held, didn't see it if it was posted above.
        Irving Bowhunters

Comment

sounds like a fun idea

Comment

Originally posted by BowManiac View Post
            Bring'n a group from the PD and getting afew from the shop to come out! gonna be a big group this year I hope!
            Awesome!

Comment

Questions

If ya have questions about the event or questions about what kind of competition you will face holler at me. It’s a fun group and we have a great time, allot of trash talking and good ol’ fun. For the most part its mostly Hunter class shooters and trads with a few open shooters. Bisch come every year and allot of other trad guys. If you’re a trad shooter come out, you will have fun!

Comment

The Police games web page shows the Archery to be on the 16th and 17th.

Also the events will be the indoor round, Field/hunter round and 3-d.

Comment

Thanks, Marty! My understanding is that everything will take place outdoors including the 300 which is usually held indoors. Cool deal on the field/hunter round!

Comment

Firefighter's can shoot in this?

Comment

I guess this might be a dumb question so forgive if it is. I am a volunteer but I have tcfp commision can I shoot or do you have to be paid status? Thanks.

Comment

^^^ I don't know the answer but don't see why not. Were fireman too just like career guys- just we do it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hot4huntin View Post
                          Thanks, Marty! My understanding is that everything will take place outdoors including the 300 which is usually held indoors. Cool deal on the field/hunter round!
                          Yes the 300 round will be outdoors.
                          We have a covered shooting line.
                          We will make sure it is a fun time for all.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                            ^^^ I don't know the answer but don't see why not. Were fireman too just like career guys- just we do it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I agree sir!!!! Just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by okhunter View Post
                              Firefighter's can shoot in this?
                              Yes, firefighter's can shoot.

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
                              I guess this might be a dumb question so forgive if it is. I am a volunteer but I have tcfp commision can I shoot or do you have to be paid status? Thanks.
                              I am not sure on that, but will check into it for you! If not, we can partner you up with someone as a guest.

Originally posted by bow5 View Post
                              Yes the 300 round will be outdoors.
                              We have a covered shooting line.
                              We will make sure it is a fun time for all.
                              Just wanted to make sure! I have heard some great things about the club and range. It sounds like it is going to be a fun shoot! I am looking forward to shooting there.
                              Last edited by Hot4huntin; 03-25-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X