Mac Photo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Photo help

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to learn to use a Mac. Right now I am trying to figure out how to resize a photo for posting using I Photo. Any mac users know how?

save it to your desktop, double click it, and resize it to fit the deminsions of your choice. Thats the easiest way if you are new to a mac.

Comment

It's easy but it won't always work. You go to file and then select export. Select the smallest size. Problem with this is, you never know if it's going to be small enough to actually post on this site. This is one more reason I don't use the iphoto application.

Here are a few options:

1. Buy Photoshop
      2. Use a free program like Gimp
      3. Upload photos to Flickr or something similar and post from there.

Comment

Or, do what aggiebowhunter09 said. However, you may have compression issues and lose quality.

Comment

In iPhoto select the photo(s) you want, then go to file and click export. Click file export, were it says "kind" click the arrows and select JPEG, then click the "size" arrows and choose custom, then a box will show up and enter the dimensions you want, and then click export.

Comment

Download imagewell...free program for resizing, editing. I use it almost everyday. Just drag a photo to the imagewell icon and drop it. Opens up for quick editing/resizing.

Well....i just checked and it is no longer free. But still a great program.
            Last edited by Chew; 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Just right click and choose resize.....

Oh wait, you said mac

Comment

Working...
              X