Cheap single shot 22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all good.

Hey I forgot my buddy has or did have a Marlin single shot .22 we used to go out and shoot prairie dogs,skunks and rattlesnakes with. It was actually in pretty decent shape and it shot straight. I can ask him if he's still got it if you want me to. I bet it's been at least 12 years since I've seen it but he might still have it.

It wouldn't really be a fixer upper. It was scratched up a little bit maybe but if it still looks anything like it did it wouldn't need much done to it.

I think it was a Marlin but now I'm second guessing that. I do remember it had a prairie dog or woodchuck carved on the stock. Pretty sure it was a Marlin...But either way it was an old single shot.
    Last edited by okrattler; 10-22-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      It's all good.

Hey I forgot my buddy has or did have a Marlin single shot .22 we used to go out and shoot prairie dogs,skunks and rattlesnakes with. It was actually in pretty decent shape and it shot straight. I can ask him if he's still got it if you want me to. I bet it's been at least 12 years since I've seen it but he might still have it.

It wouldn't really be a fixer upper. It was scratched up a little bit maybe but if it still looks anything like it did it wouldn't need much done to it.

I think it was a Marlin but now I'm second guessing that. I do remember it had a prairie dog or woodchuck carved on the stock. Pretty sure it was a Marlin...But either way it was an old single shot.
      Well, sure! I appreciate any leads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

No problem. I'll talk to him tomorrow.

Comment

I keep checking all the pawn shops for a cricket so I can put one of these on it for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
            I keep checking all the pawn shops for a cricket so I can put one of these on it for fun.

http://www.rutalocura.com/PRK.html
            Well thats cool! I wish Boyds would make an adult size wood stock for the Savage Rascal. Then we'd have a matching father and son set. His is the walnut stock.

Comment

I found one, but am willing to hear about others available.

I picked up a Winchester Model 67 today. The blueing is all worn and there is a crack in the forearm, but the bore looks to be in fantastic shape.

Comment

I will close the loop on this thread. I found one, fixed a cracked stock and put some Tru Oil on it. The project was a lot of fun and cheap.

Comment

Fine rifle. What did you have to pay? Hard to tell how old yours is, they made them from the 30's through the 50's. I have 2. Go to rimfirecentral.com in the Winchester section, lots of threads on these rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                    Fine rifle. What did you have to pay? Hard to tell how old yours is, they made them from the 30's through the 50's. I have 2. Go to rimfirecentral.com in the Winchester section, lots of threads on these rifles.
                    From my limited research about them, it was made in 34 or early 35 (first year). Finger grooves on the forend, not flush take-down screw, etc.

I talked the shop down to $70.

Comment

I somehow missed that you found a rifle. I was looking at adds for sales today to see what they had. Didn't see any. Just farm equipment and old junk. You got a better deal on that gun though. At those sales guns go for a stupid amount of money sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        I somehow missed that you found a rifle. I was looking at adds for sales today to see what they had. Didn't see any. Just farm equipment and old junk. You got a better deal on that gun though. At those sales guns go for a stupid amount of money sometimes.
                        The pawn shop had it marked at $250, then $125... the usual pawn game.

Comment

Yes, most likely from the 30's with the grooved forend . Most shoot very well, triggers are not the best though.

Comment

Working...
                          X